the new plan 😬

billie pov
///////////////////////////////////////

i woke up to a speed bump on the road. ugh. thanks for interrupting my slumber.

i looked over at josie who was still sleeping and at finneas who was wide awake. he looked uncomfortable. claudia was sleeping too, not that i care. she's better that way.

finn noticed that i was awake and awkwardly smiled at me. i gave him a confused look.

"what?" i asked.

he shook his head.

"nothing" he said.

i didn't believe him, obviously. there was clearly something wrong. did he and claudia get in an argument or something?

"seriously, what's wrong?" i asked again.

"i'll tell you in a second." he simply stated.

pfff. ok?

as if it was right on cue, joyce stopped the car. i looked out the window and saw that we were at a resting stop. finally. i needa take a shit! i shake josie awake as finn shakes claudia awake. we told them we stopped. and they stretched. we got out the car and wales to the bathrooms.

after i was done taking my nice shit, i saw finn waiting outside, stretching.

"what was it that you wanted to tell me?" i looked up at him.

he looked around as if we were being watched. the only person looking at us was joyce. she was buying coffee at a stand near us.

"over here" he pointed.

we walked a little further away from everyone and i looked at him again.

"okay, now WHAT is it. seriously, what?" i questioned.

"joyce has been lying to us. don't look, but last night she stopped the car on like the side of the road and i heard her call someone. guess who is was?" he asked.

"mom and dad?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"no, catherine"

my heart dropped and i felt unsafe. how did we not guess this? i mean, who the FUCK on earth is THAT nice?

ugh.

"what was she saying?" i asked him.

"she said something like 'they really think were gonna go save her' and 'yeah, we're almost there'." he answered.

i closed my eyes and sighed.

"now what?" i looked over at josie and claudia. they were getting back in the car.

"i think we should go with the plan we had first and when we get there, we should like, cooperate and escape with one of their vans. i drive." he replied.

i nodded and got back in the car.

"are you guys ok?" joyce looked over at us from the driver seat.

"yeah, we're fine" finneas fake smiled.

oh shit, what the hell we gonna do now.

y/n pov
————-————————————

"OH MY GOSH, CAKE!" ryder yelled.