Chapter 18

I rushed to the hospital. I saw Yang waiting in front of the ER. I ran towards him and he said that Yibo was inside and was getting treated. Without wasting even a second, I ran in and saw Yibo sitting on the bed and a nurse cleaning his bleeding arm and wrapping a bandage around. He was injured. Seeing his bloodstained clothes made my legs go weak. I couldn't stop crying. I kept staring at his face and his eyes met mine. He smiled at me but I couldn't smile back at him. I instead ran towards him and hugged him tight. I was careful enough not to touch the wounded parts. He returned the hug as he pulled me closer and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I raised my head and examined his face. He caressed my tear stained cheeks. I looked carefully at his wounds, his right arm and palm had few cuts, also his legs were slightly wounded.

"Don't worry. I'm alright. They are just mere scratches. I'm fine. " He said lifting my chin and placing a light kiss on my forehead.

"Does it hurt? Can you walk? Can you lift your hand? Does it sting? I mean, do you feel sick? Do you feel pain anywhere els--- " My sentence was cut off as he took me in his warm embrace.

"I said I'm alright. I really am. I'll be fine as long as you are next to me. "
He softly patted my back and caressed my head.

"*sob* but *sob* you are *sob* hurt. "
I just couldn't see him like that.
"But... What happened? "

"I really don't know. I was in the right lane. But all of a sudden a truck came from the opposite direction, it was in it's full speed, I guess. The truck was about to hit my car, but I accelerated it and turned the steering towards right. Luckily I escaped, but I lost control and my car hit the light post. " He explained.
"The air bags in my car popped out, so I wasn't injured much. " He reassured me with a smile.

"Are you sure that you're okay? " I asked him.

"I'm. " He ruffled my hair.

"Make sure that no one can hurt you again. I can't survive seeing you in pain. " I said in a low whisper.

"I'll. Because I can't survive seeing you in pain. " He repeated my line which made me smile.

I then remembered the phone call which I received prior receiving Yang's call.

"Yibo, rest for a bit. I'll be right back. " I said him.

"But where are you going? "

"I have some things to deal with. I'll be back as soon as I'm done. Sleep for a while. I'll be back before you wake up. " I kissed his cheek.

"Well, such a loving and caring husband. " Yibo said and I chuckled.

"It's you're fault for getting injured. Now, be a good hubby, and let your husband work for awhile. " I smiled at him.

"Come back soon. Or else I'll come searching for you. " He said.

"I'll kill you if you do that. " I warned.

"Kill me with your love, babe. " He winked at me.

I glared at him, but couldn't help laughing. I then went out and saw Yang, who was busy speaking with few officers.

"Yang. " I called him.
He excused himself and walked towards me.
"I'm going to the agency. " I said.

"Be careful. Should I accompany you?" Yang asked. I really love it when they worry about me. I'm an agent who can protect myself and also protect others, yet these two boys always worry about my safety.

"No. Just stay beside him and make sure he doesn't get up until I get back." Yang chuckled and nodded.

........................................................................