Chapter 19

Yibo was discharged the following day, and I ordered him to rest at home. I went back to the company to take care of his business and also to address all the executives about the upcoming meetings, business proposals and various other plans which Yibo had intended to discuss with them.

The executives were all present in the meeting Hall by the time I reached there. Yang was also there, he looked at me and gave me an assuring smile. I took my seat and then began.

"Good morning, hope you guys are doing good. "

"We are. But why are we summoned here today? " One of them asked.
I wasn't well received as a Manager, only a very few people liked me and cooperated, whereas the other few ignored my suggestions and neglected my decisions. Emily was the head of their group. I was just being lenient up till now, ignoring them or just listening to their harsh comments about me being a Manager just because I seduced their CEO, but guess I have had enough. I'm an agent for fucks sake, and you can't mess with me for a long time.

"Where's the CEO? How can we begin without him? " Another asked.

"Mr. Wang won't be attending today's meeting due to his health issues, I'll take the lead in his stead. " I said.

"What? You'll take the lead? Did you forget that you're just a Manager? That too one, who got chosen just because of the CEO's influence. " The first one spoke again.

Yang was about to speak back when I signalled him not to. I walked towards the projector screen and stood there, facing the man who just spoke.

"Be it because of the CEO or not, I'm your manager, and you can do nothing about it. So now, shut the fuck up and listen to what I'm going to say or else pack your bags and fuck off. " I said in a calm tone.

Everyone gasped at my speech, trying to cover their mouth using their hand and sealing off their lips. No one spoke. Yang chuckled and I sent him a glare, he sat back trying to control his laughter. Emily didn't speak anything nor did she react.

"Shall we begin? " I asked and they nodded in unison.

The meeting went on peacefully and they all seemed to cooperate. My speech was kinda effective I guess.
The meeting was coming to an end when suddenly one of the employees barged in with a tensed expression enveloping his face.

"What's wrong? " I hurried towards him and helped him ease his tension.

"Sir--- The systems.... The systems have been hacked. The entire thing, all the documents are being destroyed, the important documents are being exported to an unknown destiny, we aren't able to stop it. " He said in a single breath.

Everyone were shocked and they stood up from their seats trying to analyze the situation and to come up with a solution. Emily too was pacing around, guess she was as tensed as everyone else. Losing the documents means letting all the efforts and the achievements of the company go in drain. It means an end. But Yang looked calm. He just walked over to me and said,
"Guess this isn't a big deal. " And smirked.
I gave him an evil smile and said, "Not at all. "

"How long has it been? " I asked that employee.

"It's been about 10 mins, sir. " He said.

"You guys, there-- " I pointed at that group of people who have been opposing me from the very beginning.
"Why don't you deal with this? " I raised an eyebrow at them and they all looked at me shocked.
They slightly nodded. They soon started trying to stop the hacking, but they didn't succeed even after 20 mins. Not even 5% of their combined work was effective.

"So, this is where you stand. " I said in a sarcastic tone and asked them to raise from their seats.
I soon took control, and it only took 10 mins for me to stop the hacker, restore the damaged and exported files and also to track the IP address of the hacker, and to delete the exported files on the hackers system. I then secured the system so that it can't be hacked again.
There were loud cheers and applauds as soon as I was done.
I stood up from the seat and walked towards Yang, Emily glaring at me all along.