1.1

"L.A. ʅαԃყ"

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟏

  Saiph sat in her bedroom moping. She was hunched over a letter that had her name written on the front of the envelope. She could tell it was her eldest brother's handwriting. Usually, she'd open the letter the minute it arrived, but this letter remained untouched for 3 days. After her brother didn't come home on the 20th like he was supposed to and she had been moping around the house. She was miserable. She thought her brother was coming to visit and she was heartbroken when he didn't show up. With her hands shaking she finally ripped the envelope open and took out the piece of parchment. Her brother's messy loopy handwriting covered the paper. She read the letter's contents.

  Saiph's frown seemed to deepen the more she read the letter. Her eyes quickly were flitting about the paper; tears gathering in her eyes. She read the last sentence, "I'm sorry I broke our promise."

  That was the breaking point for the girl. She busted into a fit of sobs over her brother breaking one of their promises for the first ever time. She knew she was overreacting but didn't care. They had pinky promised and neither had ever broken a promise, but Sirius just did. Saiph's door opened and closed quickly. She felt arms wrap around her. She knew it was Regulus but couldn't find the usual comfort she did when with him. She just felt sadness and disappointment. All she could say through her tears was, "He broke his promise."

  Regulus felt bad for his sister but knew that she would have been more upset if Sirius had come because he would've been treated so harshly by their parents. She didn't understand how better this was then what would have happened. Regulus, however, was able to realise Sirius not coming was the better outcome. Despite this Regulus couldn't tell his sister that in the condition she was currently in. She'd just get angry at him. So instead, he just held her until the sobs had turned into small sniffles. Eventually she drifted off. He laid her down on her bed and winced seeing her red-rimmed eyes. She'd definitely wake up with a headache the next morning. Under any other situation Regulus would snicker at that but with her feeling abandoned he didn't think it was the best time.

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟏

  Saiph was in considerably better spirits on December 25th. She may not have both her brothers by her side this year, but she was positively ecstatic to attend their family Christmas party. She would be able to see and hang out with her favourite cousin Narcissa. She was upstairs prepping the guest rooms ensuring they were spotless for the countless family members who were staying with them, even people not directly related to the family most notably the Malfoy family since Lucius Malfoy is engaged to her cousin Narcissa. The Lestranges were also staying since Bellatrix had married Rodolphus two years prior.

  Saiph wanders into her bedroom around 5pm an hour and a half before the party starts. She puts on a beautiful dress her father gifted her for her 10th birthday. It was a beautiful red colour with red flowers. It was floor length and quite flowy. There was almost a cape attached to the dress. It was attached to the thin straps. It was a red sheer fabric with small lacy flowers lining the edges of the fabric. After putting her dress on she started on her hair, doing small curls ensuring her bangs framed her face. She did some light makeup, enough to please her mother but also not so much it'd anger her father. Walburga was insistent that she wear makeup to appear older, but Orion was combative against it insisting that she was too young for makeup. So as a compromise they told her not too much but not too little which left her confused but they haven't yelled at her yet about it so she must have found that happy medium right?