Holiday Breeze

George's POV

Its Christmas season again, its been months since we got eliminated from the X Factor. I haven't seen Leslie either. We also started recording our first single, Carry You. Now I'm just alone in my rusty apartment, eating crisps and watching some old Christmas movies.

Suddenly my phone rings and I looked at the caller ID. Its Leslie, the one I'd least expect to call me.

Les?

George, hey. I know we haven't been talking lately, but maybe you'd want to come visit some time? You know like the old times.

Uhm... I'm quite busy with recording so...

Please? Give me another chance here.

Should I really risk a movie and go to her? Well I sure do miss her.

Okay I'm coming...

Yay, thanks Shelley.

The phone call ended after that. I wore some decent clothes, fixed my hair and turned the TV off.

×∆×∆×∆×∆

I'm one step away from knocking on the door. So when I did, I heard slippers coming towards the door.

"George, come in." And so I did. I looked around her apartment, which is pretty organized and neat. "Not much, but its all I got." She motions me to sit beside her on the couch.

"So why did you call me?" She stayed silent, obviously not sure of what to say. "Like I said we're going to have a throwback, like the old times so, do you want to go ice skating? " At first I shrugged not knowing what to say or do.

"Sure why not." I gave a small smile.

×∆×∆×∆×∆

I used to ice skate with Leslie when we were kids and I'd trip and land on my butt occasionally, but I'd hold her hand so I'd stay balanced. And now?

I'm actually getting good at this. "Wow Shelley, not falling on your ass anymore, I see." I laughed at that one. "Not so bad yourself Dyer."

After a few more turns, Leslie almost fell if I hadn't caught her. "I didn't need your help Shelley." I raise my eyebrows into disbelief. "Sure you didn't Dyer ."

When the sun was about to set, we ate at a nearby pizza parlor. "Just to be clear, you ordered Chicken Alfredo, Roasted Chicken Pesto and 2 iced teas?" Leslie and I both nodded as the waiter said our orders.

"If you haven't noticed we both ordered something with chicken." Leslie said as the waiter walks away with our orders. "Yeah I noticed." And I thought there would be the awkward silence but with Leslie its seemed too odd for such. "Look about I'm sorry that I got mad at you before I was just really-" I stopped her from talking because I know she'll have to explain her reasons. "It's okay. You don't need to explain, we both had one of the worst situations to be in." She gave me a little smile, and I also know that, that little smile has a big percent of happiness. Leslie is still the same as she was the day she left, the real Leslie is finally back. 

After eating, I brought Leslie back to her apartment. "Thank you again George." She said her goodbye and kissed my cheek. I gave her a hug. I'm really a hugger, so for me hugging is like an instinct. When I realized we've been hugging for to long, we broke apart. "I've really missed you."

She said silently. Our heads were near each other by inches. "I've missed you too." And there it was, an awkwardly odd silence.

There's 2 options, its either I close the gap between us and kiss her, or say bye. And so what did I do? You could only guess.

*hahahaha cliffhanger sorry for the EXTREMELY late update. I got like really bad writers block. Here's a chapter just to let you know I'm still alive. BTW have you listened to their new album? Like srsly omfg Central Park is my fave