A job?

It has been five years since Percy and Jason got home baby Allie Jackson - Grace and six years since they both got married.

Life was great.

Percy came home earlier than usual to help Jason put up the decorations. They wanted a small party among their friends and family. Allie had yet not started school yet.

They had finished decorating the house 2 hours before the party started. So, they decided to have a small party between themselves.

Percy made a small pancake cake for the three of them. They all ate it while listening to little Allie told them what all she did today.

Jason and Percy smiled at her innocence. But something was wrong about Jason, he was hiding something. Percy didn't mind it at first, but then started becoming curious. So, he decided to ask Jason later.

The party started and they were all welcoming the guests and looking after them. Annabeth and Piper were helping them as usual.

They soon cut both the birthday cake.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Allie, happy birthday to you" they sang as Allie blew the candles and cut the cake (Jason and Percy helped her of course).

Jason and Percy took the cake inside to cut it into pieces for the guests. Percy decided to take this time to ask Jason.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, it's just that.." Jason took a deep breath "I was offered a job" he said.

"Well, that's great honey! What job is it?" asked Percy.

"An IT job, but I don't want to take it" said Jason

"Why?" Percy asked.

"Who will look after Allie if I was gone?" Jason explained.

Percy thought for a minute. Jason had a point. But looking after Allie should not be an obligation for him to work. What if there was some way they could keep Allie busy while Jason could work. Wait, there is!

"We could send her to school" Percy said.

"What?" Jason asked.

"We could send her to school and then I could look after her after school or if I am busy, we could hire a nanny" Percy explained.

"This is the age when kids usually start school" he added.

Jason thought about it. It was a good plan.

"Fine" Jason replied. Guess Allie is gonna start school.

They went back to the party and this time Jason smiled like he usually does since his conflict was resolved, thanks to Percy.

A/N- I really don't know what to say. I have been wanting to write this chapter for a while now. Finally got to do it. Not that I am proud of it.

Anyway, I have been super bored lately. But then yesterday night I couldn't sleep so I decided to read a book. And then I don't know what kind of inspiration flowed through me. It was amazing. I wrote this short story on my thoughts. I got new ideas for this fanfiction and my other fanfictions and I even wrote them down.

Once I was done, I couldn't sleep again, so I kept on shifting rooms throughout the night until my grandmother who was sleeping in one of the rooms couldn't also sleep and decided to sleep in the living room. So I took advantage of it and slept in her room, took my phone and finished that fanfic I started earlier that day and I finally got to sleep. Like wow! thanks wattpad for able to make me sleep. The time I slept was exactly 4:15 am like early morning but I was still able to wake up early today at around 9:00 am. So proud of myself.