Two

chapter two.
safety meeting

༄‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊༄

Hurricane Agatha is forecast to hit land tomorrow night.

The pogues are all relaxing at the Chateau after a party took up most of their night.

Pope and Popi know they will be needed at the shop to help their dad prepare for the hurricane. Popi explains this to JJ when they both wake up, her words groggy and barely comprehensible but he puts together the pieces. John B allows the couple to have the extra room for whenever they spent the night, mostly for the sake of saving the tension of when they both started fighting or making out.

The night Agatha is predicted to hit, the Heywards lock themselves in their house. As usual, JJ hoped through Popi's window to keep her company. Not a fan of storms or his household.

When Pope saw both watching a movie to tune out the thunder, he knew it was best to leave them alone, going out with John B.

"Where Popi?" John B questions Pope when he jumps into the passenger side of the van.

"She and JJ are watching a movie," Pope responds with a smile. "You know how JJ gets during storms."

He knew Pope has no problem with the couple but it always makes the other Pogues nervous about what would happen if they really start fighting. They are two hotheads with nasty tempers that can't control their words. They know each other well enough to push every single button the other has. One good aspect is they always know when not to cross a line.

Popi's dad wakes the couple early in the morning, his fisting banging on the door. JJ scrambles out of the bed and with a kiss, he's out the window. Before Popi can shut it behind him, he pops back up and saying,

"Me and John B will come by later to get you and Pope."

"We'll be at the shop," Popi answers, knowing that her dad is waking her up this early to go clean up.

JJ nods, winking, and jumps down. Taking off on his bike towards the Chateau before Papa Heyward can catch him.

The morning is filled with clattering panic. Everyone's coming together and attempting to clean up the mess Agatha caused. Popi had pulled a wooden board off the window and spray painted the phrase, 'Bring it on Aggie, you bitch." Before placing it on the edge of the dock.

She is in ripped shorts and a crop top allowing her bathing suit to be used as undergarments. It wasn't smart to go around the Outer Banks in the summer without a bathing suit on or in reach. It comes in handy as Pope sprays her with the hose.

The twins proceed to have a water fight when the HMS Pogue pulls up to the dock.

"Look who we have here." John B talks into his shirt, imitating a police officer. JJ whoops in the background and points out the sign on the dock that Popi made.