2.4 - Manage

*Two Years Ago - April*

Niall's POV

'Hey, Eva! Come on in, please!'

'So? What brings me here?' She asks hesitantly.

'What do you mean?'

'Come on! You never invited me to your house before!'

'Well, I've been stuck at home since my surgery. And now that I'm feeling better... I missed you. And since I still can't go to the pub and I knew you have the night off, I told you to come here.'

'Okay...'

I show her around briefly and then get her to sit on the couch while I run to the kitchen to get us some drinks.

'Thought for once I'd fix up a drink for you instead of the other way around.' I chuckle handing her a cocktail.

'It's pink.'

'Yeah so? I'm drinking it too. It has nothing to do with you being a girl. I know better.'

'Right.' She laughs then takes a sip. 'Not bad! Definitely impressed.'

She grabs her purse and takes out her pack of cigarettes and her lighter.

'Umm, maybe we should hang out on the balcony! There's a nice view!'

'You don't want me to smoke inside do you?' She chuckles.

'I'm sorry...'

'It's okay.'

We spend the night as we usually do when we're in the pub. Just drinking, talking, laughing. Well, except this time she's not working so for the first time since I've known her, she might be getting drunk in front of me. After we finish our first drink she decides to teach me some of her personal recipes. So we're in the kitchen and I watch her intently following the steps she's doing to make our next drinks.

'So tell me this. How come we never hung out on my days off? We only hang out when you come to the pub.' She asks.

'I don't know...'

'Niall. You're the worst liar ever. Spill. We both know you'll end up telling me everything. So do us a favour. Do it now.'

'Yeah okay. In my opinion, you don't really know someone until you get ridiculously drunk with them. And I knew if we were gonna hang out on your day off, we'll be getting drunk together. And I guess I was trying to avoid you and me getting closer to each other. I mean sure we text but there's still distance you know?'

'Yeah, but why?'

'You know everything about me. You know my past. And I'm not in the best place right now. I just thought that pushing you away to a certain degree would be best for you.'

'You don't know what's best for me better than I do. You don't get to make that decision for me. Also. What changed your mind. I'm here tonight. What gives?'

'I don't see it as much of a problem anymore. I mean we're friends. So no harm done. It's not like you have feelings for me.'

'Yeah, because you know me so well and you know what I do and don't feel.'