6.1 - Late Late

Niall's POV

I nervously knock on her dressing room's door after we finish shooting the episode. I really hope she'll open the door.

'Come in!' She calls from inside.

I open the door slightly and peek inside, not sure if she'd want me to come in.

'Are you gonna stay there or are you gonna come in?' She asks.

'Right sorry.' I walk into the room leaving the door open. 'I just wanted to tell you that you were really great out there. And you kept it very professional.'

'I could say the same for you.'

'I mean it.'

'So do I.'

'Oh. I thought you were being sarcastic.'

'I wasn't.'

'Oh, okay.' I look at her packing her stuff up and not saying anything else. 'I guess I should go then.' I sigh feeling defeated.

'I know you pulled this up. Me coming to the show. I don't know what you're hoping to achieve here. But regardless, I'd like to thank you. Because it's been a dream of mine. And it has come true. I don't need any favours from you. But I do appreciate what you've done for me here.'

'No need to thank me. You're very talented. I'm sure you would've made it here without my meddling. Congratulations on all the book's success. It's well deserved. I actually read it and it's brilliant.'

'Thanks, Niall. It means a lot coming from you.'

'Do you think we'd be able to go for a cup of coffee? You and me?'

'I don't know that's a good idea, Niall...'

'Why not?'

'I already told you. I don't want to get back together with you.'

'And I'm not gonna ask you to. We're just gonna sit and talk. Just hang out.'

'Yeah, how did that work out last time? You manipulated me into getting back together with you.'

'Manipulated you? I would never!'

'Maybe you didn't mean to. But we both know very well that I can't be around you for a long time without falling back into your arm. And that always ends badly.'

'Things has changed!' I argue.

'You're the one who said that nothing has changed.'

'Yeah, I meant our feelings haven't changed.'

'I'm sorry Niall. I'm not ready to throw myself into the wolf's mouth just yet.'

'Is that how you really see me? As a wolf?'

'You did eat my heart out on many occasions and then left me for dead.'

'I'm really really sorry that I've done this to you! How many times do I have to tell you that I'm sorry and that it won't happen again for you to believe me?' I croak.

'Niall please don't do this. It's not fair! You can't just come to me and do this and start crying! How can I walk away now? It's not fucking fair.' She cries.

'Well, it's not fair that you're breaking my heart just because I accidentally broke yours. Okay fine, maybe it is. But can't we just get past that?'

'I really wish I can. But it's not that easy.'

'Alright. I'll see you around Clo. Hope you enjoy LA. It's a beautiful city.' I say, clearing my throat, then I walk away.