01. bad attitude

CHAPTER ONEBAD ATTITUDE ★彡

CHAPTER ONE
BAD ATTITUDE
★彡

HYUNJIN sat on the couch of god knows who's house, drinking out of her bottle as people danced & smoked weed. this was her typical weeknight: at a party that someone had invited her just because she was fun. that's not even accurate personality wise though—hyunjin was typically bitter & moody. parties were just convient for her; they helped her find someone to mess around with for awhile.

she got up from the shitty couch, stretching her limps in the process, and began to head home. unfortunately her house was almost an hour from where she was at, but a party was a party. there was not a single person at that party worth staying around with and to be honest, hyunjin wants someone closer to her own house. does she want a romantic relationship? no. not in a million years. she wants to play a game with someone until she gets bored. that's her cruel mindset, but can she help it? any normal person would say she's so cruel, but isn't that how the world already is?

hyunjin got on the subway siting in the far back to avoid conversations with other people. this was unnecessary though..who would be on the subway at 2 in the morning? there were only a few people aboard, mostly younger people that were out clubbing. she leaned her head against the window staring at the buildings counting them as they passed. her mind started to slow down as sleepiness started to kick in, the building slowly turning into tall blurs. sleeping on the subway was forbidden though unless she either wanted to get kidnapped.

her stop finally arrived as she brushed her hand through her hair. sometimes she just wanted to lay in the grass and just stay there so life's responsibilities wouldn't get to her. that was thing about growing up though, you can't escape the inevitable. she walked one step bigger than the last smiling at nothing. if a stranger saw her right now they'd think she was drunk, but no, she wasn't even buzzed. she was just tired of the world spinning too fast. tired of her parents always scolding her for never going to any of her classes at uni. all she wanted to do was enjoy living life without having to worry if she's passing a class.

hyunjin arrived to her house hoping that her ladder was still hanging on the side because well, that's how she sneaks out almost every night. for a college student, having a curfew seems redundant to her. she did still live with her parents, so their rules still applied.

she climbed up the ladder into her bedroom bumping her knees against the windowsill as she stepped in. her bed still looked the same from when she left 3 hours ago, but did she expect it look any different? her parents only checked to make sure she was still in her room before they went to bed every night, so it wasn't hard to escape without being heard.

"don't you ever get tired of sneaking out every night?" her brother taehyung asked stepping in her room. she laid across her bed feeling her patience already running out. her head was killing her and he had to come in asking her stupid questions. "don't you get tired of not getting your life together?" hyunjin lashed out pinching her nose. taehyung mumbled something she couldn't hear before walking out of her room thankfully. her brother was 25 and yet he still lived with them and hasn't decided what he wants to do with his life. she felt like a hypocrite though because she didn't even know what she wanted in life.

she fell asleep shortly after her brother left. tomorrow was saturday so she had the whole day to sleep in which she was going to do. waking up early was just not going to happen after the shitty night she just had.

...

"wake up," taehyung said throwing a pillow at hyunjin's head. she kept her eyes closed thinking this was just an awful dream and her annoying brother would leave, but no. she realized this wasn't a dream when another pillow was thrown at her head. "i will snap every bone in your body if you throw another pillow at me," hyunjin snapped sitting up abruptly. she rubbed her head as taehyung put down the pillow in his hand slowly.

"why the hell did you wake me up at," hyunjin turned to look at the time on her phone, "at 9 in the morning?" when she realized it was so early, her irritation just grew. he knew she liked to sleep on the weekends—who wouldn't? "mom want us to go meet the new neighbors," he said pointing across the street where a moving truck was parked in front of the house.

"the choi's moved out?" hyunjin asked as taehyung nodded his head. she got up out of bed slowly, stretching in the process, and pushed the boy out of her room. "then let's go meet the new neighbors," she mumbled to herself getting clothes out of her closet. her head was pounding while her hair looked disgusting. sometimes she wished she'd wake up and look like a disney princess. it bothered her that some girls did wake up looking graceful—that's wasn't fair in her opinion.

she walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs where her brother was putting on his tennis shoes on the last step. of course she smacked the back of his head because that's just her way of expressing affection. "ow! that hurt you asshole!" taehyung rubbed the back of his head as hyunjin walked towards the door. he followed behind her sneering as she hummed. they were always like this with each other, but no one seemed to care.

they walked up to the house where a girl around hyunjin's age was sitting in the grass watching movers take boxes in. it humored hyunjin that the girl was just sitting there instead of helping. "uh hello! we're your neighbors across the street," taehyung happily said waving at the girl. hyunjin put her hands in her jacket pockets as the girl stood up. she was about the same height as her, brown hair, and nice hazel eyes. pretty, hyunjin mentally noted. the girl waved back at him while smiling. "hello! i'm heejin. jeon heejin."

she extended her hand for them to shake which taehyung did. hyunjin smacked her hand away thinking it would make the girl upset, but instead she laughed. it threw her off guard for a second, but quickly gained her composure. "sorry about her, she's got a bad attitude," taehyung said glaring at his sister while she rolled her eyes. "i'm taehyung and this is hyunjin. it's nice to have you in the neighborhood." heejin smiled at him before looking over at hyunjin. "i like your name."

"thanks, my mom gave it to me," hyunjin said in a sarcastic tone. heejin laughed once again irritating her because she was supposed to be upset. hyunjin was mean, not funny—at least that's how she wants to be. "heejin mom wants you to start unpacking!" another boy said walking out of the house. he stood next to his sister pointing between her and the strangers. "are these our neighbors?"

"no we're strangers getting ready to kidnap your sister," hyunjin said to the boy with a snappy tone. taehyung elbowed her in the ribs to which she stomped on his foot. "rude," the boy mumbled turning his head away. "this is my brother jungkook." the boy waved, but was still hurt by hyunjin's remark. "i'm taehyung and this is my awful sister hyunjin."

"alright i'm going back to sleep. i've had enough introductions for one day," hyunjin said holding her head. she turned around and walked back to her house irritated. that girl really bothered hyunjin and she couldn't put her finger on why. maybe it was because she didn't get insulted? her head begin to hurt even more just thinking about it. once she got to her room, she laid on her bed in satisfaction. everything was silent for a few seconds before her phone buzzed on the nightstand. she rolled over to pick it up feeling frustrated.

hyejoo : party tonight at ryujin's?

hyunjin : i'll be there

the first chapter is finally here! so i'm planning on having every chapter this length so i hope it's not a problem! hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3