05. how things go

CHAPTER FIVEHOW THINGS GO

CHAPTER FIVE
HOW THINGS GO

★彡

INFATUATED.

suddenly hyunjin became infatuated by the girl across the street ever since last week. she couldn't place her finger on it—never had she thought so much about one person. she'd watch heejin from her bedroom window, sit in her front lawn reading. for some reason hyunjin always had the urge to go sit with her. it bothered hyunjin that she couldn't bring herself to do it. was couldn't she? was it her pride? was her pride so important that she couldn't just go sit next to jeon heejin? perhaps. and that was eating her away.

"hyunjin, do you wanna come with me to invite the jeon's over for dinner?" taehyung asked walking into her room. she didn't notice that he was even there, keeping all her attention on the girl outside looking heavenly. that was something she'd never admit out loud—attraction in someone? hyunjin would never say anything like that. for some reason her brain told her never to speak her emotions.

"earth to my dim wit sister," taehyung waved his hand in front of her face taking her out of whatever trance she was in. he looked out the window to see heejin, smirking when he realized that she was indeed staring at her. hyunjin blinked a few times before scowling at her brother. he always did something to irritate her—well everyone irritated her.

"what do you want?" she asked with annoyance laced in her voice. taehyung sat on her bed with a smile on his face that made her roll her eyes. "i'm gonna ask the jeon's if they wanna come over for dinner. seems like you'd like to see heejin again, no?" he tilted his head towards the window where the girl was still reading in the front lawn. he was amused that his sister was actually taking interest in someone. he knows her better than anyone—and her potentially having a crush was massive.

"shut up shithead. i was just looking out the window when you walked in her," hyunjin grumbled crossing her arms. taehyung raised his hands in defense, but the smile still remained. "well do you wanna come or not?" hyunjin tapped her chin—as if she was really thinking about it—she just wanted to irritate the boy sitting next to her. "i suppose so."

this was insufferable.

hyunjin hated dinner parties. she didn't like telling other adults about herself. she didn't like telling them that she didn't have a clue what she wants to do in life. it made her feel a bit helpless. she didn't have anything against the jeon's, but it was so exhausting. now here she was, sitting across from heejin who had a polite smile on her face. hyunjin noticed taehyung and jungkook smiling at each other making her suspicious. why were they so giddy around each other? she decided to let it slide since she was more worried about heejin playing footsie with her under the table.

is she a child?

hyunjin thought to herself as she stepped on the girl's foot under the table. a squeak came from heejin making hyunjin chuckle. "are you alright dear?" hyunjin's mom asked with concern in her voice. she nodded immediately before frowning at hyunjin. she sipped her tea as if nothing had happened—so nonchalant. teasing heejin was fun. hyunjin realized this. the way her cheeks would puff up and her face would get red. it was something hyunjin wanted to see all the time.

the dinner ended and hyunjin headed to her room not caring that the jeon's were still downstairs having conversations with her own parents. she laid in her bed pulling out her phone checking for any messages. of course most of them were just memes from yerim or drunk texts from hyejoo. i need new friends, she thought throwing her phone on the bed. suddenly the door opened and in came a frustrated heejin. "that hurt you know!" heejin crossed her arms tapping her foot on the floor. hyunjin couldn't help but laugh. she looked like a mom who was disappointed with her kid.

"it was supposed to. you were being annoying, so i put a stop to it." hyunjin said closing her eyes. technically it was the truth—she did put a stop to the unnecessary footsie game. heejin huffed out while sitting on the end of the bed. she wasn't sure why hyunjin was being so mean to her right now—she hadn't done anything! if hyunjin really got mad because of footsie, she had some serious anger issues. hyunjin kept her eyes closed not paying attention to heejin. having a girl in her bedroom was new, but it didn't bother hyunjin much. it's not like heejin hasn't been passed out on her floor less than 2 weeks ago. what a terrible night.

"do you ever feel like the world is spinning to fast?" hyunjin opened her eyes not expected heejin to suddenly say something like that. yes, i do. hyunjin hated how fast she grew up. it was like yesterday she was picking dandelions for her mother—but now she was in college trying to figure out what to do in life. why would heejin ask something like that out of the blue? it made hyunjin squint her eyes at the girl—like she was studying her. usually she didn't like having heart to heart conversations with anyone since she didn't like expressing emotions. but heejin seemed upset.

"i mean yeah. i have thought that since i was in high school. there's nothing you can really do though." hyunjin sat up and looked at heejin with a bit of sadness in her own eyes. it scared hyunjin thinking about growing up if she was honest. something about having to do everything by herself so suddenly scared her. heejin nodded her head in agreement as she stared at her hands. they stayed silent for a bit before someone knocked on the door. "hey heejin..we are heading home now. thought i'd let you know," jungkook said on the other side of the door. heejin sat on the bed for a few more seconds still looking at her hands.

"guess i'll head home. see you later." heejin walked out of hyunjin's room closing the door behind her, making hyunjin feel all alone. that feeling made her upset. perhaps it even scared her. "why would she ask something like they," hyunjin asked herself in disbelief.

another chapter! so we are staring to get to more development which is always nice! stay tuned for more <3