03. mornin' sunshine

CHAPTER THREEmornin' sunshine

CHAPTER THREE
mornin' sunshine

...

HEEJIN opened her eyes slowly instantly feeling utter head pains. her vision was a little blurry, but she knew this was not her bedroom. suddenly panic started to set in because she didn't have a clue who's room this was or how she even got here. please tell me i didn't get kidnapped by a stranger, she thought to herself getting up off the floor. her anxiety halted when she saw hyunjin sound asleep in her bed, still wearing her black boots. heejin sighed in relief as she looked around the bedroom. the wallpaper was a pastel yellow and she had lots of china cats on shelves.

heejin looked at the clock which read 6:34am and realized that she needed to get home before her parents woke up. mom will kill me if she found out i got drunk last night, heejin thought biting nervously on her index finger. perhaps sneaking out through the front door would work? no, not in a million years. she needed to get home fast, but her mind wasn't working fast. "open the window. there is a latter you can use to get out," hyunjin said rubbing her eyes. heejin jumped in surprise hearing the girl speak, but nodded at her. and just like that heejin left the kim residence while hyunjin fell right back to sleep – like always.

hyunjin was downstairs eating apple slices while her head was pounding—it wasn't the alcohol—it was carrying her heavy neighbor for almost an hour last night. this caused her to be extra moody, not even acknowledge the family cat, darcy, name given by taehyung. "hyunjin, could you go to the market and get some more fruits? taehyung ate most of them," her mother chuckled walking in the kitchen. "sure mom."

hyunjin tossed the remaining apples in the trash before sliding on her checkerboard vans and headed out the door. she looked over at the jeon's house wondering if heejin got in okay. "why are you worried about her?" hyunjin asked herself shaking her head in disbelief. that wasn't like her to actually be concerned. that sounds harsh, but it was just how she was. sometimes it saddened her when she couldn't be worried about people, but that sadness quickly would go away. nothing significant happened to make her like this so why was she so cruel to other people?

"hyunjinnie!" blink.

"oh hyunjinnie." another blink.

was her neighbor seriously calling her "hyunjinnie?" disbelief courses through her body was heejin gave the girl a back hug. where did she even come from? hyunjin pushed the girl off of her scoffing in disbelief. "if you want to continue living, don't ever call me hyunjinnie again. understood?" heejin laughed at the threat which truly irritated hyunjin. "thanks for carrying me last night." the girl gave hyunjin a smile which made her roll her eyes. "i was gonna leave you there so don't flatter yourself. next time i will leave you."

"oh so there's gonna be a next time?" heejin asked excited while hyunjin's eyes widened. did she really just say she was going to bring heejin to another party with her? oh absolutely not. the girl already drove her up the wall enough so why spend more time with her? "i'm never taking you to another party so just forget it." heejin smiled at the ground walking alongside hyunjin quietly. it seemed every time the two walked together, they never uttered a word. hyunjin occasionally would glance at the girl to admire her beauty. heejin was the prettiest girl she's ever seen, but she'd never admit that.

hyunjin arrived at the market with heejin still walking alongside her. she walked to the fruit section as heejin skipped around. "quit acting like a child," hyunjin snapped as the girl giggled. i hate that stupid laugh. hyunjin wanted to shove an orange down the girl's throat, but decided against it. going to jail for attempted murder was not something she had on her "things i'd like to achieve" list. it irked her how carefree the girl seemed. it's like she didn't care that people were staring at her—hyunjin hated when people stared.

the shopping trip was finally over and hyunjin could finally get rid of heejin. this girl had driven her insane the whole trip and just wanted to watch cliche dramas. "do you wanna hang out with me tonight?" heejin suddenly asked making hyunjin raise her eyebrow. what could they possibly do that wouldn't irritate hyunjin? "you're annoying, so no." heejin instantly frowned as they arrived to their homes. hyunjin didn't like seeing the girl frown for some reason. it made her feel sad — only a tiny bit. heejin walked towards her house with her arms crossed while hyunjin stood in her front yard. that tiny bit of emotion made the girl a bit shocked in herself. maybe hanging out with heejin wouldn't be terrible.

guys it's been so long since i updated this and i'm sorry. :((
i've been so busy with school work, but i should be updating regularly soon! please continue to support this book <3