07. sleepovers

CHAPTER SEVENSLEEPOVERS ★彡

CHAPTER SEVEN
SLEEPOVERS
★彡

AFTER hyunjin calmed down at the pond, heejin suggested that the girl spend the night at her house—something hyunjin doesn't normally do. the girl agreed anyways and they ended back at the jeon's residence. heejin didn't mention that her parents didn't like when her or jungkook had friends over at night, so hyunjin was going to have to be quiet. now here she was, sitting in a pink bedroom with bunny plushies all over the girl's bed. hyunjin thought the girl's room was cute, but she would never have a pink bedroom. there was something about heejin's bedroom that made her feel safe, if that was even possible.

heejin was watching the tv while laying in the girl's lap and hyunjin had the urge to run her fingers through her hair..just do it! her mind thought, but for some reason she just couldn't bring herself to. although this was out of hyunjin's comfort zone, she enjoyed sitting quietly with heejin. "heejin."

heejin looked up at hyunjin who was staring straight ahead, as if she couldn't look into the other girl's eyes. "what?"

"don't ever speak of what happened today," hyunjin said with a serious voice making heejin nod immediately. "i won't. i promise." to ensure hyunjin knew she was promising, heejin held up her pinky finger to which the ladder interlocked their pinkies with a smile. hyunjin felt at peace right in that moment, as if all her worries about growing up were slowly fading. the night went out with heejin attempting to make the other laugh, but ultimately failing. hyunjin watched as heejin  throwing popcorn into the air and catching it with her mouth as if she was in primary school—such a child.

it wasn't soon after that the girls feel asleep, heejin asleep laying on hyunjin's stomach while the crickets outside made lots of noise. if anyone hadn't know better, they would think that the two girls were together and in love.

hyunjin woke up looking at the clock reading 6:13 am realizing she needed to get up before heejin's parents went to work or she definitely would be getting some harsh words. carefully not to wake the other, hyunjin slipped out of the bed before slipping her vans on. she was about to walk out of the bedroom before looking back at the girl sleeping peacefully in the pink bed. hyunjin smiled as heejin kept scrunching her nose up in her sleep as if she were a rabbit. "sleep tight loser," hyunjin whispered walking out the door.

what she didn't expect to see was her brother walking out of the bedroom across the hall from heejin's. hyunjin pointed at taehyung as he pointed back at her, both clearly confused. "why are you here?" taehyung asked with wide eyes as hyunjin urged him to get towards the front door. she put her finger over her lips signaling for the boy to be quiet earning a middle finger to be thrown at her. mature.

they both got out of the house silently thankfully, and hyunjin instantly turned around facing her brother. "why were you there?" she asked as if this was an interrogation. "me and jungkook were hanging out you know?" taehyung wouldn't look the girl in the eyes raising her suspicions. "don't tell me you are banging heejin's brother," hyunjin let out with a disgusted tone. "it's the other way around," taehyung said as they started to climb up the ladder leading into hyunjin's room.

"okay gross i didn't need to know that. i should've figured that you would end up going after the newest guy to move to this neighborhood." hyunjin was implying something rather rude about her brother making him roll is eyes. "just call me a whore." he walked out of her bedroom into his own room making her sigh in relief. it felt nice to be back in her own bed, but she felt cold. at least when she was with heejin, there was warmth.

something felt off. hyunjin couldn't figure out what it was, but things didn't feel right.

finally an update after so long!! i feel bad for being so inactive and i'm so sorry :((
i lost a lot of inspiration for this book and it's really hard for me to write lately. please feel free to give me things you'd like to see happen in this book and maybe i can write them in!!

 please feel free to give me things you'd like to see happen in this book and maybe i can write them in!!

^ btw this is how hyunjin and taehyung reacted when they saw each other LMAO