04. nightlife

CHAPTER FOURNIGHTLIFE

CHAPTER FOUR
NIGHTLIFE

★彡

hyunjin laid in her bed staring up at the ceiling as she thought about the frown on heejin's face. it was bothering her—more than it should. the way the girl's face instantly frowned because of getting told no. would it kill hyunjin to hang out with heejin? no. but hyunjin's pride was keeping her from doing just that. she didn't like doing things with other people unless it was hyejoo, chaewon, ryujin, or yerim. perhaps heejin was just different. hyunjin couldn't place her finger on it, but there was just something about the girl that wasn't like her other friends.

hyunjin rolled out of her bed, careful not to wake up her cat, and slipped on a hoodie and some house shoes. fortunately her ladder was still outside for her to sneak out without anybody suspected anything. she climbed down silently, meeting the ground with a giant CRUNCH on a stick. she silently cursed to herself hoping her parents wouldn't hear or even taehyung—because he'd use her sneaking out again as blackmail. she walked across the street to the jeon residence trying to figure out which window was heejin's.

she saw a pink wallpaper in one of the rooms and instantly picked up a rock. it hit the glass, but no one came to the window. she threw another rock hoping this was heejin's room and not the parents—because well, that would be a bit awkward. she let out a breathe of relief when a very sleep heejin opened the window rubbing her eyes. hyunjin chucked at the girl who looked like a zombie. "hyunjin?"

"c'mon. i wanna take you somewhere," hyunjin whispered motioning for the girl to come outside. heejin looked around nervously knowing this was a terrible idea. "i can't leave, we have a security system." heejin frowned pushing hair out of her face. of course she wanted to hang out with hyunjin—this was the first time she was actually being nice to her! this may never happen again so why not?

"just jump and i will make sure to catch you." heejin shook her head immediately feeling fear course through her body. there was no way she was gonna jump out of her two-story bedroom window. "you trust me right?" hyunjin's voice softened asking the question making heejin nod at her. the girl silently prayed in her head before jumping out the window landing directly on hyunjin who was flat on the ground.

heejin giggled as hyunjin groaned in pain at the body laying on top of her. technically she caught her—just with her own body. "okay get off of me before i break your legs." hyunjin thought the girl would be easy to catch, but apparently heejin just wanted to body slam her instead. the girl rolled off of hyunjin rubbing grass stains off of her pajamas pants. she looked up at the sky to see the moon shining brightly while hyunjin brushed grass off her.

"so where are we going?" heejin asked linking her arm with hyunjin who raised an eyebrow at the action. she wasn't fond of other people touching her, but heejin seemed harmless. hyunjin started pulling the girl down the street silently, heejin's slippers making loud noises on the street with every step. heejin felt giddy walking along side hyunjin—like someone had put butterflies in her stomach. granted she's only known the girl for about 2 weeks, but that didn't matter. it was nice that hyunjin finally wanted to hang out with her.

they stopped in front of an old warehouse that looked like it hadn't been used in years. "you didn't bring me here to kill me right?" heejin asked nervously while hyunjin chuckled. she brought the girl inside where tons of people were sitting inside—most of the girls heejin met at the party were here. so was this some sort of party? heejin frowned a bit—she thought it was just going to be her and hyunjin. the disappointment coursed through her body.

"hyunjin what took you so long?" hyejoo asked throwing a beer to her. hyunjin pulled heejin towards one of the couches and suddenly everyone was staring at the two of them.

"did hyunjin finally settle down with someone?" ryujin asked with a comedic tone. everyone was in disbelief that the cold-hearted hyunjin had actually brought someone with her to their hangout. "she's just my neighbor. thought she needed to get out of her house for a bit, so i brought her here with you assholes." heejin sat in silence as hyunjin's friends drank and talked about taking over the world.

"your name is heejin right?" ryujin asked handing the girl a beer. she sat the beverage on the floor not wanting to get drunk tonight—her headache from last time was awful. "yeah that's right." she smiled at the girl trying her best to be polite. it was always in her nature to treat everyone with the upmost respect.

"so why did you move to daegu? you seem like the type to go to seoul to become an idol," hyunjin remarked as hyunjin scoffed next to her. "i actually moved her to be close to my grandparents. we lived in busan before, but my grandfather has been getting sicker." hyunjin saw her smile from before turn into a frown and instantly felt sorry for the girl. the atmosphere in the room changed as heejin kept talking about her life. there was something about her that everyone was intrigued.

even hyunjin. she suddenly wanted to know everything about her neighbor.

i finally wrote a chapter after what seemed like a million years.. i wasn't sure if now was an appropriate time to update. i'll try to update sooner, but please understand if it takes me awhile.