14) not my knight in shining armor

Suga

"Suga! Suga!" Tanaka said as he ran up
to me.

"Yes Tanaka? Ennoshita?" I said with a smile.

"You wanna come to a party Saturday?!" Tanaka asked, loud as ever.

Ennoshita covered Tanaka's mouth, "Sorry he just found out about it so he's going around inviting everyone."

I laugh, "It's alright, who's hosting it?" I ask with a smile, finishing off the laugh.

"Uhhh... Terushima? I think?" Ennoshita took his hand off Tanaka's mouth, and he nodded.

"Yeah, Teru is hosting it. It's gonna be great!" Tanaka smiled. "Noya!!" He yelled, getting completely distracted running after his best friend.

Ennoshita laughed, "Cya there?" He tilted his head.

"Ah, maybe. I don't like drunk Oikawa," I laugh again.

"Nobody does," his attention turned to Tanaka and Nishinoya being too loud, "Tanaka! Noya! Nobody cares! Be quiet!" He scolded.

I roll my eyes and walk to my next class.

Akaashi

3/2(4/3)^x = 8/3

The hell is that nonsense? (me finding that: *grabs algebra book off floor and flips to random page to find a problem i've solved before*) Math is shit.

I continued trying to do my work, key word trying, and soon we were dismissed. It was about 1, and I had a quick 45 minute lunch before my next class. I headed out the door and turned to the left, the way to the main area where the cafeteria. I usually ate my Wednesday lunches with Kenma, so I waited for him once I got to our normal seats.

Soon, he was there, apologizing for being late he had to pee or something. I just shrugged and we went to go get our food. "So, how are you feeling after yesterday?" Kenma turned to me after grabbing little to no food. He never really ate lunch but he'd eat a bit more at dinner.

"Oh, uh, I'm alright. I was surprised Ushijima wasn't the one to save me this time," I said with a laugh. Kenma huffed.

"Your knight in shining armor was there, of course Ushijima wasn't the one to save you," We began to walk back to the table after I got a slice of pizza.

"Bokuto-san is not my knight in shining armor. I've only known him for a couple days. He just happened to step in," I shrugged again and sat down across from Kenma where I was previously sitting.

"Yeah, yeah right. That happens every day to me too. I just meet some guy and when he sees me being harassed he just goes off and attacks the perpetrator," he said, awfully sarcastic.

"I mean, go off I guess," I say, biting into my pizza.

"You're such a basket case."

"I am not," I protested. "I just need a little more mental help than others." I promptly crossed my arms.

"Sure, Akaashi, that makes soooo much sense."

Kuroo

"Daiiiiiicccccchhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" I pout. "I got up on time! Why won't you help me with my stupid stupid social studiesss?"

"Because, Kuroo, you don't try. I've never seen you try. Ask Iwaizumi. Isn't he in your class?" Daichi said, arms crossed while he sat in the armchair next to the couch. He was watching some animal documentary on the tv... something about crows and cats or something.

Bokuto then walked in, as if he was meant to be here right at this moment, and asked, "Daichiiii can you help me with English? It's so difficult!"

"Bokuto, you accidentally say English words all the time how the hell can it be difficult for you?" He rolled his eyes.

Bokuto slumped, "Guess I'll have to find other help." He dragged himself all the way to his room.

"Look! You made him sad! You're so mean Daichi," I put my hands on my hips in a sassy way.

"Well, I was going to invite you to a party on Saturday but I guess I can't now," he smirked.

"Oya oya?" Bokuto appeared out of his room.

"Oya oya oya?" My eyes brightened.

"Why do you two always do tha- whatever. If you two can at least try to
do your work you can come. If not I'll lock you both in this dorm and you won't be allowed to come to the party."

We gasped in unison. "You- you wouldn't.." I stepped back.

"Oh, I would."

Bokuto and I ran into our rooms and began trying to do our work. The only thing that could ever get us to do work is something like parties, because like, how could we miss that?

Daichi

I was never actually going to lock them in their rooms.

There would be no point. Those two were like magicians, always sneaking out and going to parties. Tanaka had told me
it's a party at Terushima's actual house, not just his dorm. I had heard things about his family being wicked rich, and I've been to the place, so I was assuming it was going to be a big big party.

I continued just watching my show. No point in pondering the party. It was a couple days away anyway, so I didn't have to overthink it yet.

~~~~

Iwaizumi walked in, and I realized how long I had been watching my show. He came in every wednesday at about 4pm and took a like hour long nap, and that's exactly what he looked like he was planning to do.

I wasn't surprised, he woke up at 6:30 for class at 7 and only had one break for lunch. He never told me when his lunch was, though. I would have probably had it with him if he did tell me.

Then, my phone buzzed. It was Suga.

Suga: did anyone tell you about the party on saturday?

me: Yes. Tanaka told me. You going? I'm going to be forced to since I have to babysit my roommates.

Suga: ah, the same goes for me. guess i'll see you saturday ;)

me: See you saturday! :)

I looked up from my phone and thought for a moment about what to do. The show I was watching was getting pretty boring and— wait... where were Kuroo and Bokuto?

I stand up and head for Bokuto's room, since his was the first to the right. Iwaizumi's room was across from him, then Kuroo next to Iwaizumi, and I was next to Bokuto and across from Kuroo. The bathroom was at the end of the hall.

I knock on his door and I hear scrambling before the door opens. He looks guilty. Like a five year old after they stole the ice cream. "Have you been studying?" I ask.

"Y-Yep! English is much easier once you start to practice!" He moves as my eyes look around the room.

"See, practice makes perfect. I'm going to go check on Kuroo now." I knew Kuroo is in Bokuto's room. It was just fun to scare them.

"AGH FIIIINE!" Bokuto put his arms up, knowing that I knew. "Kuroo is in here, but we really were studying for like an hour and a half! It's just, we needed a break!"

I laugh, "Alright, I guess I can accept that."

——

random question: what haikyuu character do i remind you of? (some artists on insta are doing this but my art account is dry as hELL so uhhhh hello i'm asking here)
edit: literally realized right after i posted that you guys don't know much abt me so nvm lmao-

my notes page with ideas for this book is starting to become frightening in many different ways

also idk why but when you guys call me author-san/chan it's so cute to me idk why lmao

one last thing-
nobody:
my a/ns: let's talk about this topic and then this topic which is totally different from this topic omg omg also look at this topic and oH MY GOD THIS TOPIC-