29) hey cutie

yeah. i am continuing with kuroken... because you're sick of filler chapters, and so am i :>
(also don't get excited with the title)

Kuroo

It was late in the evening, the Saturday after game night. Bokuto asked if I wanted to jog and I asked to walk and then he left me because he took off running after a stray kitten (which I ususally would have joined him in doing but it was difficult with crutches). I just continued on the school path, thinking about life. Especially how much I needed to thank Kenma. He had helped me a lot. From the fact he carried my stuff around, to just hanging out with me when I would usually would go out with Bokuto or Iwaizumi to the gym.. Daichi started going more with Bo. Maybe all four of us could be four bros going to the gym..

All of a sudden, as I was looking at the sunset thinking, I ran into someone. "Oh my god I'm so sorry I wasn't lookin- Oh. Hi Kenma," I smiled.

He looked up from his phone at me, then back down at the game. "Hi Kuroo... Next time look where you're going or I'll stick that crutch right up your ass."

"Kinky~," my smile turned to a smirk.

"Stupid~," Kenma mocked me with a scowl.

I shrugged and continued walking- er- crutching, about to say goodbye, before I saw Kenma walking next to me. "Oh? You coming with?" I tilted my head toward him slightly.

"Mm... might as well.... I left because Bokuto came into our dorm without permission and I got sick of listening to him ask Suga when Akaashi would be done with work," he shrugged.

"So that's where he went!" I shook my head. "I'm gonna go to the park nearby, so if you'd still like to come you're always welcome."

He gave me a confused cat-like look before just walking next to me on his phone.  We slowly made our way to the park, me ranting about chemistry while Kenma listened. (I knew he was listening because he snickered at me a could of times.) We had gone quiet for a couple minutes, when a little snort escaped him. "What?" I asked.

He turned his phone towards me, and it showed a group chat named "pretty hoes." Oh, it was their dorm's group chat that Oikawa named. I looked at the text Kenma probably wanted me to see, at the bottom. "Why didn't you guys entertain Bokuto? He's at the cafe now. You could've just put Spongebob on for him or something and waited for me to come back." It was Akaashi, of course.

Another text came in from Suga, and Kenma and I read it togther. "You know you love his presence so you're okay."

Oikawa was next. "Suga you were the one who offered for him to go to the Cafe."

"Oopsies," Was the last text we read before Kenma rolled his eyes went back to his game.

We eventually got to the park, and we sat there for a long time just talking. Kenma even got out his switch and let me use it for a bit, which was kinda fun. He kept telling me I play Animal Crossing wrong, even though he also said there was, and I quote, "No wrong way to play it." Eventually, at around 11, we decided to head in and watch some movies in my dorm. (Originally we were going to do it in Kenma's but we found out Akaashi was already there watching Spongebob with Bokuto... we could never understand why he liked that show so much.)

We got in and went into my room, avoiding Iwaizumi watching Godzilla on the tv. We sat on my bed and I pulled out the laptop, allowing Kenma to choose what we watched. After about two movies, I suddenly realized, I forgot my bag at the park. "Oh my god," I suddenly said.

"What?" Kenma asked.

"I left my bag at the park," I sigh. "I can just get it tomorrow."

"We can go get it now," Kenma shrugged. "I should probably go back to my dorm anyway.."

I smiled. "Yay! Thanks Kenma."

We got our shoes on and left, noticing how Iwaizumi was gone from the living room. I informed Kenma on how Daichi had left this weekend to visit his parents. We got to the park relatively fast, and I spotted my bag, Kenma grabbing it. I noticed two guys from a distance, but payed no mind to them, as it wasn't that big of a deal. There was a lot of people who went on midnight strolls around the campus, as it was pretty secure. We started walking, and I could hear the guys slowly getting closer to us. I don't believe Kenma noticed, though.. or he didn't care.

All of a sudden I heard one of them shouting. "Hey!" He whistled. "Hey cutie!"

I knew for a fact they weren't talking to me, and there was nobody else around us, so they must've been shouting at.. My thoughts trailed off as I saw Kenma visibly stiffen. "It's her! The hottie from science!" The other one shouted.

Now I was slightly ticked off. I could hear them running up, and I turned around, dropping my crutch to put an arm around Kenma. They stopped from about 5 feet away. "Fuck. Off," I coldly glared.

"Who the hell are you? Her boyfriend?" The first one asked.

"I'm his friend and natural guardian. Now go away before I whack you where it hurts with these crutches of mine," my voice was surprisingly low.

"Oh shit that's a guy? But he's so feminine-" I hit his side hard with my crutch and he grabbed his side in pain. They looked at each other, and glared at me, continuing to walk.

"That was just a warning shot!" I smile, turning back around and letting go of Kenma. "Can you grab my crutch please?" I give him puppy dog eyes, and he picks it up for me.

We continue on in silence, until we got to the entrance of the building we needed. "You okay?" I asked.

He nodded, slowly. Then I had an idea. "I know how to cheer you up- follow me."

I headed in and towards the cafeteria, him following me. Once we got there, he looked at me suspiciously. "You know it's locked.. right?" He whispered.

"Mhm.." I pulled out a bobby pin I had in case I got locked out of the dorm, and began to pick the lock.

Kenma looked unamused until the door clicked and I opened it up. His eyes widened, and we went in. I headed for the back, grabbing ingredients for cookies and brownies, and handing them to him. We heard a noise, and jetted it for the door, locking it once again behind us. We then went to his dorm as quietly as we could, so nobody would wake up and snitch on us. Once we got back to my dorm, we burst out into a laughing fit before Iwaizumi yelled at us to "shut the fuck up."

We began making the cookies, getting into a flour fight and then actually making them. As they baked, we watched Minecraft Youtubers and talked lightly. Then, once everything was done, we ate some, then deciding after eating a couple of them that we were full, and then just saving them for the others. We then both knocked out on the couch, without a care in the world. It was right at the moment before I fell asleep, when I realized my true, and very evident, feelings for him.

____

wow look at me finishing another ship arc omg

so i'm rewatching banana fish and idk why i'm paining myself like that but i am and yeah❤️ it's kinda a vibe.

also my friend simps for sangwoo and it's highly concerning