19) a drunk bokuto is not a fun one to deal with

i'm not good at fight scenes bare with me

Akaashi

Bokuto's head whipped with the impact, and his body moved a little too, but he didn't fall. Kuroo backed Kenma and I up as Bokuto threw the next punch back.

He nailed Daishou right in the nose, and that's when the fight truly started. I couldn't even comprehend what was happening. Bokuto pushed Daishou on his back, punching him repeatedly. Kuroo looked like he wanted to interfere, but Terushima got to it first. "WHOA WHOA GUYS NO STOP!" He tried to pry them apart, but Daishou just ended up kneeing Bokuto's ass and flipping him over when Bokuto let him go, then standing. Terushima was pulled back by someone in the crowd so he didn't get hit by Bokuto's body.

Actually, a big crowd had gathered around. I assumed that it was because Oikawa and Hanamaki's... show... was over, but I didn't have time to think about it. Bokuto began to stand, but Daishou kicked his gut before he could and he fell again. "Bokuto-san!-" I tried to walk forward but Kuroo stopped me. "K-Kuroo-san why don't you step in.. or do.. do... something?"

Bokuto managed to kick Daishou's ankle and make him fall, and quickly stood up. Overall, you could just tell that Bokuto was stronger due to his bigger build and the fact he apparently goes to the on-campus gym all the time... or so he told me. Daishou immediately leaped up while Bokuto repositioned himself, and they continued swinging at each other.

People in the crowd were cheering, some for Bokuto, some for Daishou. I looked at Kuroo to see why he hadn't replied to me and all I could see was his horrified face. I could suddenly feel my panic kicking in, and at rapid rates.

!!panic attack warning!!
(also i personally have never had a panic attack before but my friend helped me a lot with this so hopefully it is well written)

As Bokuto punches Daishou in the jaw and he came back with a punch in the gut, I went under Kuroo's arm and tried to think about how I could fix this. It's all my fault. Everything was closing in.

My thoughts wouldn't stop going and going and I couldn't figure out what to do. I tried to breath but the air wouldn't come and as I was about to speak up, everything went black.

(if you skipped it ended here lmao it was short)

I woke up in a car. I rubbed my head and realized where I was. Daichi's car? Was everyone there? I looked around and saw everyone kinda out of it. "W-What happened?" I asked. Everyone but Daichi turned around to look at me. There was someone I didn't notice, though. And then I remembered. "Where's Bokuto-san?"

"W-Well," Kuroo scratched the back of his head and unbuckled his seat belt, sliding out of the half-seat he was in and sitting on the ground in front of me. I then realized I was in the trunk. They must've not had the food anymore. "Bokuto had to go to the hospital. What do you remember?" He helped me sit up.

"Bokuto-san and Daishou-san were fighting, and I wanted to stop it, and I tried to help so I went under your arm... and I don't remember the rest," I rubbed my eyes.

"Well, you went out to try to stop them, yes, and then once you were about to speak, all you said was 'Bo-' before you passed out. Bokuto immediately punched Daishou really really hard in the gut and ran over to you. He picked you up and as he was about to turn around Daishou bashed him right in the back of the head and he blacked out too. I was able to kinda catch you two, though. I'm sorry I didn't step in myself, Akaashi. I know you wanted me to but I just- I couldn't- and I don't know why," he began to tear up
and Kenma pulled him back into the seat and hugged him.

"It's okay... It's not your fault..." I looked at my hands. It was my fault. I should have just let Daishou fucking cheat so Bokuto didn't do that.

"Anyway," Iwaizumi said from the seat behind Daichi, "Bokuto's in the hospital right now, so that's where we are headed. We decided to just let you wake up here and not a hospital because we didn't want you to completely panic again if you were in a unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people," he smiled.

Kenma

Kuroo said on our long day we spent together that when he cries he just wants a hug, so that's what I did for him. It was really all I could do.

Before Akaashi woke up, Suga and Iwaizumi informed me of why Oikawa was practically dead in his seat. Apparently right before the fight he fell into the pool so he had to change clothes and he was also blackout drunk and yeah. He was okay now, though, just sleeping away. I'm sure if he wasn't asleep he'd be rambling since that's what he does when he's nervous. He was also using his original clothes as a pillow which I thought was a little weird since they were wet but, I mean, whatever works.

I was really stiff, even though I was the one who hugged Kuroo first. He seemed to be pulling together, though. I looked out the window, and we had a kinda long drive to the hospital. Good thing we didn't even have to go to the school on the weekends since it was our time to visit our parents. Although, some kids had to stay there because their parents lived far, but it's not like they can monitor all of those specific kids so most of them just went places with their friends.

~~~

I was suddenly awakened by us rolling over a speed bump. I looked around, and noticed how we were at the hospital. Kuroo had his head on my shoulder, so I didn't move. Daichi parked and Suga turned to all of us. "We're here, guys."

Kuroo's eyes flickered open, and Iwaizumi shook Oikawa a bit to wake him up. Kuroo began to get up to open the door, but then turned around to Akaashi. We all noticed he was really quiet, and we soon noticed it was because he was asleep. I mean, it only made sense he was tired. We all were.

I waved at Kuroo for him to get out of the car, and I slid out of the seat and sat on the ground in front of the trunk where Akaashi was. I lightly shook his shoulder, and soon his eyes opened slightly, him then blinking repeatedly. "Are we here?" He asked in a barely audible voice.

"Yeah. You want help?" I held out my hand and stood to the capacity I could, being in a van and all.

He grabbed my hand and stood, and we crawled out. Iwaizumi carried a still half-asleep Oikawa out and then had him stand once they got out of the car. Daichi and Suga were already out of the car, and we all walked in.

I never liked how hospitals smelled, and the smell hit me immediately. Daichi led us to the front desk. "Hello! Visiting someone?" The lady at the desk asked. She was awfully happy for it being this late at night.

"Yes. Bokuto Koutarou?" Daichi smiled to be polite.

"Ah. Room 173. It's right down that hallway," she pointed at a hallway to our right, "Then take a left at hallway E and it'll be somewhere on the left. He was just checked in not too long ago so you might have to wait outside."

"Thank you, miss," Suga said with a smile and we walked in the direction she told us.

Once we got to the room, the doctor told us to wait just a bit. They apparently needed to fully get him checked in and to call his parents before we could go in.

Kuroo sighed when we sat. "What?" I asked. I sat down next to him, and Akaashi sat next to me. The other four sat on the other side of the hallway, Suga and Oikawa both rapidly tapping their feet. I was surprised at how awake Oikawa suddenly was.

"Ah it's just, I've known this for awhile but," he scratched his head, "a drunk Bokuto is not a fun one to deal with."

——

on the 10th so a couple days before this is posted: so read chapter 401 earlier while i was taking care of my neighbors dog and i cried at the end.... not as much as i did at the spoilers.... but like.... :,) i love them so much i'm gonna hate watching this end

on the actual day it's posted: i think i've become obsessed with drawing atsumu with this one hair style i saw on a tiktok ejdjwmfnfn (if you wanna see that drawing ima try to post it today on ellstsum on insta) also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 26K READS THATS SO MUCH WTF

i LOVE all of the comments and votes and everything i'm just agh :,) ty all so
much. i also might do a q&a with the characters sometime if i need a couple more days to write a chapter or sum sidjkd... anyway i hope ur all having a good day :D