Chapter 1 Falling

I'm lying on the ground. My bones are broken, but they are slowly repairing. I fell from heaven, through the ground and landed where I am now, in hell. It's incredibly hot down here and the burning looks from the other fallen angels doesn't really help.

"I knew she was going to fall" I hear a man whisper.

"Yeah, sooner or later they would realize that she is evil" a woman answers.

I know that the angels think I'm evil, but I don't consider me as an evil person. I've never done anything bad. I guess they're just afraid of my powers. I tried to keep it a secret, but when I turned twelve I couldn't hold it back. When my hands touch something living they cause a burning pain. The only one I can touch is my twin sister, Mirabell.

I'm sixteen now and my powers are growing stronger, I don't doubt that sometime I will kill a human.

The crowd of fallen angels have finally lost their interest in me. One by one they're starting to get back to work and I finally dare to open my eyes.

Everything is blurry and I have to blink a few times to be able to focus. My bones are healed and I try to stand up. It doesn't really work. I bet I look like a newborn foal, trying to take its first steps.

"I guess you are Maia, am I right?" I hear a woman ask me. Her voice comes from behind.

I turn around and look at her. She looks like me, but her eyes are black, her lips are red and she looks proud.

"Yes" I say and straightens up.

"I've heard about you. Your name fits you very well, brave warrior" she says with a strange smile.

"What do you mean?" I ask and take a step back.

"That's the meaning of your name. I could really use someone like you" she answeres.

"And you are?" It feels like I have to change the subject.

"My name is Deyanira. Who I am? Can't you see who I am? Try to guess" she says. She really confuses me and to be honest she freaks me out.

"Why would I know? I don't care". Actually I am very curious.

She gives me a smile, looks deep into my eyes and finally answers. "I'm the queen of hell and destruction"

"So if you are the queen of destruction, why do you want me?" I crossed my arms and took a step forward.
"Because I need an army"