Chapter 4 Join

"A war will only upset them and make things worse" I tell Deyanira.
     "A war will give me power, land and more people who obey me" she says, convinced that she's always right.
     "That's not for sure. People will hate you and rebel" I say, trying to convince her that she's wrong. It seems impossible.
     "They won't dare" she says. The corners of her red mouth is slowly starting to fall down.
     "You can't imagine what a will people have when they are fighting for something they love" I say with a loud voice.
     "Everyone that don't obey me or signs up in the army will get killed". It sounds like Deyanira is losing her mind, but then she calms down. Her lips are smiling again. "Let's change the subject. Who's that girl who fell?"
     My eyes sink and I look at my feet. I don't dare look her in the eyes.
     "Oh, that's interesting. I bet she's someone you know. A friend? Maybe a sister?". The last word make me tremble.
     "So she's your sister?" she asks without an answer. "Let's make a deal. If you join my army I won't touch her, but if you don't I will make sure she dies a slow, painful death". She wins.
I look deep into her eyes and answers. "I'm in".