Chapter VII

I hang up

I don't know what to do.

"Tera? What's wrong?"

I stood in the living room frozen stiff, giving me chills run through my veins when i heard his voice. I had supposed made some progress on not calling anyone at home except my mom. But..... how'd ge got my number?!!!!

"Tera?"

I flinched as Clyde called me back in my thoughts

"I-uh, clyde?"

He chuckles at my questioning face. Am i doing some weird expression right now?

"What are you doing? I've been calling you a lot"

"I was umm someone called."

I haven't told Nicole and Clyde about my past. But should i?

"Was it your mom?"

When i look at clyde, he's always wearing that calm expression. Oh how i wish i could do that

"Uh yeah by the way, are you done washing the dishes?"

I should change the subject, i bet Luke is going to call me back again after i hang up on him

"Yeah, i'm done and here."

He lift his arms towards me and showed me 1 box of present with patterns of a birthday cake.

Pfft, i bet this is from Nicole

"Is this from Nicole?"

Clyde scratched his head and said "uh yeah, well appearantly it's mine but Nicole had to barge in and split this one, sorry. Would've bought you something on my own but you know what's on Nicole's mind"

Righhhttt., she's that person.

"*chuckles* it's fine. Are you going home after this?"

He's a bit nervous

"I-uh are you.. i mean, ughh"

"Uhhh what's wrong?"

He scratched his head as he's nervous and stress about something?

"Are you alright Clyde? Maybe you should go home and relax"

"No!"

Ok that surprised me.

"I meant to say was.... are you....not planning on dating anyone right now?

I look at him, although he's flustered but his eyes says something more when he's looking at me and i can't comprehend what he means

"Dating? What are you talking abou- ohhhhh"

I look at him and suddenly he gets serious

"Do you plan on dating anyone in the future?"

"Uhh i don't have any plans about dating anyone right now but why are you asking me that clyde?"

"Oh..."

He looks sad, maybe...

"Are you going to set me up on dating someone?"

"What?! Of course not!"

"Then what is it?"

He's getting flustered again.

"I-"

He was about to say something until another call reach up to me

It's him

"Clyde, um you better hurry home it's getting late and i don't want to make you sister worry about you."

"Yeah! Sure i was about to anyway. Uhh see you tomorrow Tera!"

He left.

Although he's flustered and nervous, one way to answer that is he may have a crush on me. I've alrrady sensed it last year

Sigh* i'm sorry clyde, i just don't want to ruin our friendship and i just can't feel anything right now since this is just a manhwa.

Ringggg* ringgg*

He won't give up doesn't he?

I picked it up and answer.

"Luke?"

"Tera"

It was a long minute of silence but somehow.... it's comfortable hearing his voice again.

I need to break this

"Uhh what's up?"

"...."

"Are you with Armand? Ha ha how are you guys?"

I'm getting nervous all of a sudden.

"
"Tera, you haven't called me. You broke our promise."

Of course he's going to spit the truth out! Shit

"I-i'm sorry, i have been busy"

"Really?"

"Yeah, a lot has been going on lately but you don't have to worry ha ha i have friends here. They've been kind to me although Nicole may seem rude somtimes but Clyde's here to protect me from her insults hahaha"

Remembering those funny scenes i had with them made me laugh until i heard a crack sound in the other line

"Luke? What happend? I heard a broken glass sound their"

"....you have a guy friend there?"

"Of course i do, why?"

"Tera, even though you've broken our 1st promise but you don't have to worry"

"Huh?"

"I'll keep our 1st promise in bay and be there for you"

I don't why but the more he talks about that, made me feel chills around me.

"What? Going here? You got to be kidding me Lukas."

"Oh i'm not, it's just that i missed you and you haven't been contacting me ever since you left on my side."

"That's cause i was busy!"

"You're lying"

I flinched.

"Don't worry Tera, aunthie said you'll come back here next week. I'll surely give you a pleasing welcome hug"

I hang up.

He has become weird. Very weird!

Not the same as in the manhwa at all!!!!!

FCK! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!