-Chapter 12-

Arthur POV

As I snapped the final rope around my mouth and my arms, I rolled off the branch and onto a clump of lavender. "Merl-" He was hugging me before I could even finish calling for him.

"You're.. real, right?" Merlin pulled away, his face was soaked with tears and his eyes had puffed up. I joined him in crying as tears began rolling down my face as well.

"Yes, Merlin, I'm real." I assured him, pulling him back in for another hug, I could hardly believe my eyes as well. He buried his head in the crook of my neck and let the rest of his sobs out. "Should I ignore what you did?"

Merlin's sniffles stopped and his shoulders fell, "I'm sorry Arthur.. I didn't know how to tell you.. You would've had me killed.. like him." He motioned to the now-ashes sorcerer. I lifted my finger to his face, wiping away a tear, "I'll continue loving you no matter what you throw at me."

His eyes widened at my heartfelt statement, "what do you mean? Loving.. Me?"

"Oh just shut up," I grabbed the back of his neck, staring at his lips, "for once." I kissed him softly, hoping he would accept my feelings. It only lasted a second but my heart felt as if it would jump out of my chest.

As I pulled away, I noticed he had frozen up. "Merlin?" I caressed the side of his face. Once he managed to find his way back to reality, he ran his thumb over my lips and leaned forward, stopping an inch away from my lips. I felt his hot breath mingle with mine as I stayed still.

"We shouldn't.. I'm just a servant.." He leaned his forehead against mine, his eyes only half open.

"Gwen was a servant, you had nothing against that." His cheeks became heated as I spoke.

"That.. That's different." He tried to remain serious but a grin spread across his face. Seeing his smile for the first time in months reignited the flame inside of me, I pushed him into the flowers and devoured him.

My brows furrowed as I kissed him relentlessly and held his body close to mine. I'd never let him go again, at least not without him knowing how I truly felt. He slowly slid his hand into my hair before gripping it, I groaned at his touch. Merlin bucked his hips from under me when my arm wrapped around his waist.

"Ar..thur.." He gasped as I pulled away, his voice was hoarse, "stay with me.."

"Did you just give me a command?" I played with a curl in his hair as he gave me another smirk.

Merlin rolled his eyes before grabbing my collar and giving me a light peck. "Yes." He got up onto his elbows, 'It's going to be dark soon." I gave him my arm and looked into the distance.

"Wait but the suns not ev-" He pushed me against the tree, holding my wrist above my head.

"I know, cabbage head." His lips tasted salty from the tears when he pressed them back against mine, and he held onto my shirt with his other hand. He bit my lower lip gently and pressed his body against mine. Without a warning he lowered his head and left marks on my jaw and neck. "Just so you know you're stuck with me." He gave a light hearted laugh and patted my head.

"Lets get going," Merlin grabbed my hand and we waded through the lavender field, "Everyones looking for you."

"Hey Merlin?" I looked at the sun, "Isn't there an empty hut near here, you know with the fake old 'warlock' living there." I gave his shoulder a nudge and his eyes widened.

"Er.. I suppose it would be okay for you to be missing for another day." Merlin grinned and we switched directions.

"I suppose we will have to see if you can live up to your words." I dared him.

He turned back and raised an eyebrow, "and what would those be?"

I cocked my head to the side, reminding him of the first time we met, "That you could take me apart with less than one blow."

------

A/N: I think this story might be done but if anyone wants an epilogue or for it to continue, i've got plenty of time to do so :) As always thank you to any readers!!! <3 <3