Another opera experience*

I woke up the next morning to Erik hauling a mattress into my room.
"What are you doing?" I asked, confused.
"You said you weren't sleeping well, so I got you a new mattress while you were asleep." He explained.
"Thanks, but you shouldn't have, this one was working just fine." I said. I had tried to get out of bed that day, but Erik forced me to stay in bed all day in order to get better. I didn't mind because I liked to sleep. Erik tried to get me to stay in bed the day after but I fought back telling him I had plenty of sleep the day before. Erik had been going to the opera every night at the beginning of the second act so that he could send critiques to the managers.
I went to see the magic flute with Erik again a week later as that was when Erik deemed me well enough to appreciate it. The opera was actually really interesting and it was crazy to see Carlotta as Pamina as she was actually good and Erik  surprisingly enjoyed her performance. He did point out to me however that she wasn't holding notes correctly and despite the fact that the notes sounded good, it would cause vocal damage.
Erik even brought a bottle of wine which he opened during intermission. He said that the wine was in order for me to get my 'full opera experience' this time around. Apparently we were going to have it last time we went to the show but I unfortunately fainted before Erik opened it.

Time rolled on and I had officially gotten a job at the opera house without Erik intervening. I had asked for a meeting with the managers which I didn't tell Erik about. In the meeting I had shown the my designs for Don Giovanni and a sample of my sewing abilities in a costume from the magic flute that I had replicated, although adding my own little details and small designs to prove that I hadn't just stolen the costume. The managers had been so impressed that they hired me on the spot, claiming that fresh blood was what the costume department needed. Erik found out about the meeting while I was in it and was a bit upset with me for not telling him, but I was able to convince him that I did it to convince him that I could make it on my own.

As the production the Magic flute came to a close, Erik and I spent a lot more time with one another, knowing that with me now starting a job and Erik having a new production on his hands that we'd both be very busy. Erik made me promise not to stress myself out with my job because he didn't want me to faint and I made him promise that the opera ghost wouldn't be messing with my costumes.