3 - þriðja

"No deal!" Bayo said, causing everyone to look at him in surprise.

Valente didn't falter though, he still looked amused at the way Bayo had been throughout this meeting.

"She can stay here, or at Alpha Alfie's pack, but I won't let her go with you," he said to Valente, seething.

Valente just chuckled as he looked at Lamont. The Alpha of Fala, on the other hand, seemed to be covering a rolling boil with a heavy lid.

"Get out of my face," he said in a quiet voice, looking at the table, although his head was turned towards Bayo.

Bayo stood up looking at Alpha Lamont, his anger radiating in waves.

The pain in my thigh had started throbbing again, and I was afraid I'd bleed through my skirt from sitting on it so long.

Lamont looked up at Bayo with a calm expression, although his eyes said a different story.

"I have lived for more years than you could ever count, child. And I know when a man is lying through his teeth. I know this girl is not your mate. You have lied to us, and I now know that you came here to lie to us. Now leave," he said.

Bayo held my arm harshly, pulling me up to stand. As much as I controlled myself, the tiniest cry of pain left my lips at his action, causing Zula to growl even louder than Valente.

I saw Alpha Alfie place his hand on his mate's gently, to calm her down, and although she did, it wasn't enough to stop her vicious glare at Bayo.

"I don't think she's any safer with this boy. And if they're not really mates," Valente said, turning to face the head of the table."What do you think Lamont?"

Alpha Lamont turned to me, his indifferent eyes turned soft for the tiniest moment as he did.

"Rayne, you can choose to not go with him," he said.

"She isn't choosing anything! We're done here," Bayo said, his grip on my arm still too tight, I knew he'd leave bruises on my skin.

I could tell Bayo was testing Valente's patience, because his face was no longer amused and calm. He suddenly had a look on his face that said kill Bayo.

I realized I couldn't play the damsel in distress anymore, and Ima was slowly starting to take over.

I pulled my arm from Bayo's grip roughly and took a step away from him.

"I'd rather go anywhere else but with you," I said to him.

"Traitor," he said through the mindlink.

To be honest, I didn't have much loyalty to the band in the first place. They plucked me from my life and used me as a sacrificial goat for their master plan. Nevertheless, I was going along with it just fine, only because I'd learned to trust Sven.

It was Bayo who ruined it all.
And I'm the traitor?

I turned to look away from him, and he knew there was no way I'd be returning to that band with him. He stormed out of the room, his steps heavy, and slammed the door on his way out.

"What a child," Ima said, her tone condescending.

"Diem," Alpha Lamont called out.

Diem immediately came into the room, awaiting orders.

"Please take Rayne to the pack doctor. She's bleeding," he said, his tone calm and collected.

That's when I realized that indeed, I was. I was so focused on everything going on, that I hadn't even noticed the strong scent of blood emanating from my thigh. I was sure I'd bled through the skirt, but I didn't have the energy nor the want to apologize.

As Diem came and stood beside me, he extended his arm for me to take, and I was grateful for the support.

I nodded at Alpha Lamont and Valente before turning to leave with Diem.

"Wait," I heard Zula's voice from behind me.

I turned to look at her.

"I'll come with you," she said, patting her mate's hand before getting up to walk to me. She stood on my other side and they helped me walk out of the room.

"Be careful around her," Valente's voice came through our link.

I took a look at Zula who held my arm to support me as I walked, before replying to him.

"I know. I will."