Recap

Author's Note:

All the major events of this book summarized into one chapter for those of you that haven't been here in a while.

Sorry about that. ❤️

If your memory is sharper than mine or you've been reading recently, feel free to skip this recap.

Happy Holidays!

Love,
Selladore.

...

Reunion

Valente finally shows himself to Rayne as her mate at Fala.

During the meeting, Fala's head officials, Alpha Alfie and Zula, Rayne and Bayo, and Valente are present.

Bayo explains that he was a representative of a Liet band to offer help with the search while Valente tells the attendees how the search has narrowed and others are catching on.

Bayo slips up when he enthusiastically offers Rayne to be held as captive till the Liet hold up their end of the bargain, which raises suspicion amongst the Fala officials. They deny Bayo's help just before Valente offers a compromise.

Valente suggests to take Rayne with him to Fathilagt rather than leaving her in Fala where she was clearly unsafe. Bayo disagrees to this, which further angers the Alpha of Fala. After the conversation that ensues, an angry Bayo leaves the meeting room, leaving a devastated yet slightly relieved Rayne behind.

Rayne leaves for the infirmary for her reopened stitches with Zula who has been suspiciously nice to her. Rayne quickly realizes Zula and Alfie both are way too inquisitive about her and her mate. She messes up by not referring to Valente with his Alpha title which is enough a detail for Alpha Alfie to pick apart.

Old Friends

Valente and Rayne drive to Starke's house from Fala where they find Sven, Starke and Rayne's other friends from University; Carson, Hayes, Alpha Kye and Beta Wyatt.

There they find a clue to Rayne's true being as a Dyrith. The twins, Carson and Hayes, both Dyriths themselves, reveal to Rayne that she is of the forest folk like them, and that she would find answers in the forest she was found in; that is in Fathilagt.

To Fathilagt

Rayne, Valente and Sven go to Rayne's apartment where they find the entire place ransacked. It wasn't robbed, as Rayne confirmed her money and other belongings were not taken. Only one item was missing; the ring gifted to her by Gramma.

It was obvious to them who stole the ring by his scent all over the house: Bayo. Sven confirms that Bayo did not return to the Liet band, the Dwelling, in the time since he left Fala. Clearly he was working for someone else.

While speculating why he would take the ring, Valente informs them of the object's true nature by explaining that it is a Hef ring, one that has a pair and is a gift for newly paired mates. Valente had the counterpart, but Rayne was now missing hers.

Following this, the trio head towards the airport where Rayne learns about Sven's ongoing search for his own mate, the reason why he cannot return home.

During the flight, Rayne dreams of Buri after a very long time, who tells her that Gridastadur will help her find answers about herself.

Home

Otto, Rayne's brother-in-law, picks up Rayne and Valente from the airport.

As Rayne returns to the familiar forest, her wolf Imadis gets very restless. The usual effect a forest has on her seemed enhanced, and Rayne hears a humming as if coming from the trees.