Irreplaceable (MahiRat)

It was just few months after Virat became the captain. He had MS by his side like before and he was quite sure that this transition of captaincy can't affect anything inside the team.

But today, he read an article and that was taking a toll over Virat.
Virat generally never read those stupid articles but he just came across one and couldn't resist after seeing the headline. Again the same arguments, same controversy.

Was MS forced to step down?

Is he planning to retire?

Does Virat want to drop MS?

Dhoni-Kohli rift!

Everything not normal between Kohli-Dhoni!

There were comments on how Dada left captaincy because of MS and now the same would happen with him also. It was getting on Virat's nerves. Why can't people let things go smoothly?

MS was never in these stuffs and he rarely gave importance to what media says. Virat knew this but he has seen how Bhai used to get upset on Dada's retirement issue. He never shows up but Virat was one of the few people who could see behind his facade. He had even heard from Yuvi that they had had a hard time consoling Mahi after all that.

Virat felt sick thinking all this. He never wanted this captaincy to affect their bond.

It even narrated one incident of their practice session in which MS and Virat were involved in heated argument, according to them.

He remembered that incident. MS had chided Virat and occasionally Virat had just answered him back a bit rudely. It was anything but a fight. He had apologized to Mahi Bhai for that and even Bhai had shrugged it off. But the media had narrated it with exaggeration. There were so many comments which had disrespectful content either for MS or Virat.

Virat was trying his level best to not think so much but random incidents one after another led him to overthink. Was Mahi Bhai really not the same with him?

------------------------

During a match against Australia, Virat had got involved in a argument with Faulkner after which MS and Rohit were seen talking to Virat, more like trying to calm down him.

In the post match interview when the interviewer asked MS about what he was saying to Virat, MS casually answered.

"We were discussing the things we do normally. A healthy discussion of strategies with skipper is always healthy for the game."

"Weren't you and Rohit saying that it's not good to get involved in an argument while match?"

"You can't tell your skipper what's good for him and game as he already knows the best"

MS had said that so that it wouldn't become the headlines next day but Virat took it in altogether different way.

"Why did he say like that?", Virat cried to himself.

-------------------------

Team was having dinner and as usual Virat was sitting with Mahi Bhai on one side and Rohit on another.

"And those horses in Jamnagar can fly too", said Jaddu seriously and everyone bursted out laughing making him sulk.

"Kuliya, where did you buy that watch?", asked Hardik almost pulling Kuldeep's hand.

"Don't call me that.", complained Kul. "And I took this from Mahi Bhai.", he said delighted at being the only person Mahi Bhai shared his watch with.

"Really? Bhai, I want the one you bought in England last month", demanded Hardik.

"And I want that one..", started Jaddu.