You are member of this family! (MahiRo)

November 2007...

It was just few months since Rohit made his debut. This series was pretty well for him. He made his maiden ODI half century. But that was not what he was thinking at this moment. He was in the ground with team few minutes before, watching all of them having fun, teasing and playing. Not that they were treating him as outcast but he couldn't deny that he did feel like an outsider in the team which was more like family. He didn't feel like being there standing all alone so he walked back to his own room.

"Atleast I'm not ragged anymore", he muttered while recalling how dead scared he was when he first met the team and how horrified he was when yuvi got into his raging mode with him.

Although he was not too uncomfortable with everyone in team now but he still felt star-struck with Sachin paaji and others around.

It wasn't less than a dream to share the ground with his idols!

This wasn't the case with Mahi bhai. It was always a comforting feeling whenever he talked with him, sometimes on-field advices and sometimes off field but then he couldn't go to him just like that saying "I don't want to be alone"!

How childish it sounds!

------------------------

MS looked around the ground and realised Rohit wasn't there and quite unnaturally he felt an urge to go and see if he was okay.

"Sonu, did you see Rohit?", he asked to Suresh.

"I saw him leaving. May be he went to his room", replied Suresh.

MS walked away muttering "okay".

He didn't know why but he felt it was his responsibility to check on Rohit, to make sure he was comfortable. He had also faced those starting troubles but he had Dada by his side and now when Rohit is facing same, he would, by all means, do his part.

"Rohit?", said MS as he entered the room.

"Mahi bhai.. Come.", said Rohit, surprised by the sudden visit.

"You are looking for something?", asked MS as he saw Rohit standing with messes up things in his hand.

"Ahm.. No. Nothing, bhai.", said Rohit hesitantly keeping the stuffs in his hand aside.

"Ro, you forgetting things is not new to me now. You can tell me.", teased Mahi bhai.

"I.. er..forgot my charger somewhere, I guess", replied Rohit embarrassed.

Mahi Bhai tried not to laugh at his childishness as it would only embarrass him more but couldn't hide the smile that came on his face.

"You can take mine. I'll get it.", said Mahi bhai turning to walk.

"I'll come with you?", Rohit found himself asking instantly.

It doesn't feel good to sit alone anyway!

"Yeah, sure!", said Mahi bhai with a smile.

They walked to MS's room in silence. As they entered the room, MS went towards his cupboard to get his extra charger. Rohit stood behind him, glancing the room when something caught his eye.

"This is..", muttered Rohit to himself.

"You can sit, Ro.", said Mahi bhai and Rohit obeyed.

"Take it." Said Mahi bhai giving him the charger.

"Thank you, Mahi bhai", said Rohit taking it from him.

Should he leave?

"Ah.. okay. I'll go now.", said Rohit standing up.

"What will you do alone? You can stay here.", said Mahi bhai.

"Aren't you going back to the team?", asked Rohit, not sure he should actually stay or not.

"No. And neither you are, I guess?" said Mahi bhai.

Rohit nodded and they both sat there in silence for some time until MS decided to break it.

"Rohit, see I know you are bit uncomfortable with the team right now", he spkoe warmly, keeping his one arm around his shoulder, "Everyone goes through it. Playing in front of your idols gives you as much nervousness as happiness and pride. But you will slowly get used to them. ICT is more like a family and now you are a member of this family. You don't get uncomfortable around your family, do you?", he looked at Rohit to see his reaction and Rohit slowly nodded his head feeling at much ease.

Mahi bhai's last line made him feel like he was a kid being lectured by his elder brother and that's when he realised Mahi bhai actually behaves like one around him, be it on field or off field and that somehow broke the ice between them.

"What are you thinking, Ro?", asked Mahi bhai.

"Mahi bhai...", started Rohit looking at something.

"You can tell me anything, Ro.", said Mahi bhai observing that he is still hesitant.

"That.. You have it with you?", asked Rohit pointing at something making Mahi bhai follow his gaze.

"Oh. Ofcourse, I have it", replied Mahi bhai getting the T-shirt Rohit was pointing at.

"I gave you this on your birthday. You wear it?", asked Rohit feeling happy at the thought.

"Yes. How can I not when it's your gift?", replied Mahi bhai with a smile folding the T-shirt and keeping it at its place.

Mahi bhai's reply made Rohit's heart bubble with joy. He suddenly felt he was like this Mahi bhai for ages. He didn't know about others but he was sure he will have a great bonding with Mahi bhai or he already has, maybe.

"Mahi bhai, were you also nervous when you entered ICT for first time?", asked Rohit quite excitedly and Mahi bhai sat back to narrate him his stories.

They didn't spend rest of the time in silence. One was enjoying narrating his stories to his younger brother and other was enjoying listening to same from his elder brother.
------------------------

A/n

Happy Birthday, Siri dii ❤ siri_reddy
This is for you!

I'm late but I don't know why the hell I had two extra classes today. But better late than never, right?

Hope you will like it!

Love ❤