The Gun

-Thea-

I'm on edge for multiple reasons. 

One is school starts next week and being the new kid is not my idea of fun. I'm not bad at school but that doesn't mean I like it.

 The second reason is all week long I've had this awful feeling in my stomach. Something isn't right but I have no idea what.And I guess I wasn't acting normal because Gray made an observation this morning . "Hey Thee you alright?" I had been staring at my toast for the last little while and I guess it was long enough to raise suspicions 

"I'm okay. Just tired I guess." I mumbled.He put his hand on my forehead and sighed when it wasn't warm. "Alight but if you start to feel sick go to one of us okay?" I nod and return to my toast watching. 

That night I was completely restless. No matter how hard I tried there was no falling asleep. I heard shuffling around outside my door but I knew it was only Dad Alex and probably Hayden. It was not someone bad.

I hope. 

After what felt like an eternity I gave up and went to find someone to hopefully provide at least a little bit of comfort. I heard voices downstairs so naturally I assumed it was my family so I went to go see. My heart began pounding as I got closer although I couldn't tell you why.

 It was just my brothers or Dad right?

 Right??

Someone please tell me I'm right. 

I went into the room and my heart dropped at the sight. Joseph and 3 other unidentified men stood in my living room with guns and knives. I didn't know how to react so I did what any kid would do. 

I screamed.

 All four men snapped their heads to me. Joseph's face broke into a slimy smile. "Ahh our girl has come to us. How generous of her." I breathed heavily and took a step back. "Uh uh uh little girl. You're not going anywhere." His teammate teased grabbing my arm. I screamed again and he pushed me to Joseph. 

I heard footsteps and saw Alex and Hayden come rushing down the stairs. I was crying by now (wouldn't you be?) and was trying with all my strength to pull away from that monsters grip. "Thea!" Hayden yelled when he saw us. He was about to grab me from Joseph but before he got a chance a cold piece of metal was pressed against my temple 

"Take another step and she gets shot." Joseph growled at my brothers. Alex left the room and I wanted to shout for him to come back but a hand clamped over my mouth. "You don't have to do this. Whoever you are you don't have to do this." Hayden tried to reason. Joseph laughed humorlessly

 "I don't have to. I want to." He pressed the gun to my head harder. "Hayden help me." I sobbed desperately. "It's okay Thea. It's okay it's okay." He said hoarsely.Dad came into the room and paled at the scene

"What do you want? What is it that you're asking for?" He asked trying to find a way out of this. Joseph's grip tightened 

"Please please let her go. Please I'll give you anything you want just please let her go." Dad begged with tears in his eyes. I saw Josephs finger go on the trigger

 "NO! PLEASE!" Dad and Hayden both yelled. My sobs grew louder and more violent. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I whispered. 

I waited for a few seconds and then there it was. The gun shot. 

Only I didn't feel any pain and I was still standing up. Instead Joseph fell to the ground with a grunt as he held his arm that had a bullet in it.

 I turned around to see Alex standing behind us holding a gun. The other 3 men ran out of the room as if the devil was after them.

Before I could register anything else Hayden swept me up and crushed me in a hug. I immediately clung to him desperate to feel safe. He whispered something to me but I was too hysteric to understand it. 

Somewhere among the chaos the other boys had come down to see what the racket was about so now we all stood in the living room stunned and upset. 

Police sirens blared and in a blur of blue uniforms and shouts Joseph was taken out of the room. I don't remember much after that. 

Dad took me upstairs and just held me. I was so scared I could barely breathe. 

I never fell asleep but still it was blank.

 I was so afraid. 

Just so afraid.  

A/N-Short but action packed chapter. Sorry it took so long I have been swamped in school work.

Also 50 thousand reads?!? Holy shit that's insane. Thank you all so much for the support! Keep voting and commenting! Thank you so much!

Edited 7/26/20