The Location

-Hayden-

It's been 72 hours since I saw my baby sister. 

I feel empty and cold. The usual light of my life isn't here to lift the dark cloud that has formed over mine and my families heads. Dad and Alex got back just hours after I got off the phone with them, joining us in the search of the city. 

We scoured every store, every park, every street and no sign of Thea. I was determined to not give up hope but the theory of her just wandering off was far fetched any way. She was a good kid and if Ricky told her to stay put on a bench than there was a very small chance that she disobeyed him. 

Dad's been doing everything in his power to try and locate our angel, spending hours at a time in his office without taking a break to even eat or sleep. We're all worried sick but Dad is losing his mind. Me and Alex had just returned from another lap around the city when Greyson told us Dad wanted to have a meeting. 

"What's going on?" I asked my younger brother as I followed him into the living room where the rest of our family waited. I haven't seen Drew or Beau since after the initial search. Drew doesn't deal with emotions well in general and Beau blames himself for the whole thing. We've told him so many times it had nothing to do with him, but he insists that if he hadn't scared Thea she would have been at the game safe and sound. He's right but he's punishing himself enough without our anger pressed onto him.

"How should I know?" Grey grumbled taking a seat beside his twin. Dad stood at the front of the room looking slightly less downcast than he had earlier. I sat down between Drew and Ricky who had been helping us in the search all this time. He obviously feels awful for what happened and while some members of the family are finding it hard to accept his many apologizes, I had decided to not forgive him but allow him to try and fix his mistake. 

If we don't find Thea soon I don't see how any of us would ever be able to forgive our once best friend. "Great your all here." Dad looked tired and stressed but his eyes held some hope he had manged to hold onto. "I'm gonna cut right to the chase. I have been working with some friends of mine and we have located Thea." Me and Alex jumped to our feet immediately. "Where is she?" I demanded impatiently. 

"A ware house half an hour away from here. We're meeting with 4 police officers at the station in 30 minutes then we're all going there together." Dad said with a wary smile on his face. "Well what are we waiting for? Lets go." Alex announces going to leave the room but Dad quickly puts a hand on his shoulder making him stop. "You guys I want you to be aware that we will have to stand back and let the police do their job. 

I don't want you or Thea to get hurt." He warned sternly looking at all of us. We all agreed and ran outside into the car. When we arrived at the station, George Cox met us and gave us the run down of the plan. He had worked with my Dad on several occasions and we all trusted him. The plan was, the police would storm into the building and take down anyone who poses a threat, then someone would grab Thea and get her out of there.

 After that it was up to the police. I was anxious, thinking that perhaps we had the wrong location or we were too late and the unthinkable had already happened. My stomach was in knots at the awful possibilities.

 But she had to be okay. She just had to. I don't know what I would do if something happened to her. That baby has been through enough, we were supposed to protect her from the other evils of the world. But we didn't. 

And that made me physically sick.

-Thea-

I feel physically sick.

I still have no concept of time or how long I've been trapped in this cold dungeon they've left me in. Clark had fed me nothing but a slice of stale bread in the whole time I've been here but thankfully I know how to suppress my hunger.

 It isn't the first time someone told me I don't deserve food. Clark has visited me a few times over this period but mostly I stare at the ceiling looking for the reason as to why my family got rid of me. 

Was it because I spilled a cup of milk at breakfast the other day? Or that I wasn't doing any chores? Or maybe it was my worst fear. They were mad that I wouldn't talk to Beau. Oh god I knew it was that. I should have just forgotten about my feelings and said I was sorry. No matter how many times I think about it, I always reach the conclusion that it is in fact my fault.

 On this occasion, I was broken out of my thoughts by the door being opened. I sat up and waited patiently not wanting to give Clark any reason to be upset with me. "Good morning princess." He smiled sickly as he came closer. "Good morning sir." I responded, my eyes trained on the ground. "I brought you a guest today." I looked up and what I saw made my heart stop. Greg, my stepfather who almost killed me on so many occasions stood in front of me with a wicked smile. 

"Hello." He hummed grabbing my already bruised chin, roughly. "Hello sir." I whispered remembering his preference for not hearing me. He pulled my hair making me look up at him. "Hmm, she's beautiful isn't she Clark?" The shorter man nodded agreeing with my former step father. "She is boss." I breathed steadily trying to keep my fear at bay. Now was no time to be afraid. Greg was about to say something when there was a bang outside the door. "Go see what's going on." Greg growled obviously angry at this distraction. 

He still had a hard grip on my hair and I was sure he was going to rip it out of my scalp at any second. "You know brat? You ruined my life. You didn't keep that filthy mouth shut and it got me into trouble." He got so close to my face I could smell the cigarette smoke on his breath. "You know what snitches get?" I gulped knowing the answer. "Stitches." His tone of voice told me I was going to hate what ever happened next and he was going to love it. I closed my eyes and waited for a blow but we were interrupted by someone bursting through the door. 

"Police! Put your hands up and step away from the girl!" An officer yelled pointing a gun at Greg. "Oh you little bitch." Greg growled pushing me to the ground so my head slammed against the concrete making blood spill out from the back. "Someone get her!" Who I assume was another officer yelled to the group. I ignored the searing pain all over my body and scrunched up my body as small as humanly possible. 

Overwhelmed and in pain, I put my head in my knees. "Thea!" I look up briefly to see Dad rushing towards me. He goes to wrap his arms around me but I push him away. "No!" I screamed. "We left you a little surprises with that one!" Greg calls as he is put in handcuffs. Dad looks at me sadly."C'mere baby." He whispered reaching for me. Why did he want me now? He left me. Gave me away to someone who hurt me. 

"No!" I yelled again. Dad looked hurt but my anger towards him didn't stop my father from picking me up. "Let go! You left me!" I screamed thrashing madly in his strong arms. "Shh baby. It's okay now I'm here." The tears in my eyes leaked without my consent and soon I was sobbing so hard I couldn't breath. 

"We need to  get her to the hospital." I heard someone who sounded like Hayden say. Despite my lingering resentment to my family, I clung to Dad desperate to feel even a little bit of that safety he provided. 

My head was pounding and before I knew what was happening, everything went black. 

A/N-Yay she was rescued! But will she forgive her family? Find out next time. So for 200k views, I'm going to do a Q & A. You can ask me or any character a question. It will probably be out after the next chapter but be sure to leave a question you want answered. 

Thea 

Hayden

Alex

Beau

Drew

Dad

Grey

Eva (Me)

Other

Edited 7/27/20