Chapter 8

Gloria was walking on an old road near her house. She was walking towards an empty field, where she could play and train her Pokémon. She arrived at the grassy field and put down a large picnic cloth and her bag. Once she'd set up everything she'd grabbed almost all of her pokeballs and threw them in the air. Intelleon, Zacian, Rapidash, Corviknight and Dragapult. She decided to keep Eternatus in its pokeball. It would cause too much attention, she wanted to have a quiet day. Intelleon and Corviknight started playing together, while Rapidash was relaxing in the sun. Dragapult was eagerly playing with a Poketoy. Zacian was sitting protectively next to its trainer. Gloria smiled and started to pet her legendary partner on its head. She wanted to confess to Hop today. It took her awhile, but she finally gathered the courage.

"Hey! Gloria!" A familiar voice shouted from afar.

Gloria looked around, and saw Usui walking towards her with a stranger. It was another boy, the same length as Usui but less bulky. Perhaps they were brothers?

"Oi! You should sit down with me!" she shouted back.

The two blondes sat down across of the champion. Usui bowed his head quickly. "Gloria, this is my brother, Nate."

Nate took a quick bow and stretched out his hand. Gloria shook hands with him with a smile and tilted her head slightly to the side. "I am Gloria. Champion of the Galar region!" She proudly introduced herself.

"Not just the champion! She's also one of the two famous heroes!" Usui explained excitedly to his brother.

Zacian was still sitting next to its trainer. It sometimes glanced suspiciously towards the two brothers. The three of them started having confersations about their homeland, Kanto. Also about why Usui got his passion for fighting.

"So than, when I saw that Riolu on TV, I wanted to become a fighting type myself!" the young boy proudly proudly said. Gloria laughed.

"You know, at first I really disliked you for what you did, but I'm glad we met! If only it'd be under different circumstances." her smile was kind, but she was nudging his arm teasingly.

"How did you met? And why did Oleana decide that it was us who had to train you?" Nate asked curiously. He was glancing at Zacian. "I can sense you two share a strong aura."

"Usui tried to hit on my in a very unpleasant way when we first met." Gloria explained.

Nate suddenly hit Usui on his head. "Are you an idiot?" he asked him sternly.

Gloria giggled. "We made up tho! I really think Usui's a cool person! The reason he was asked here is because a vision me and Hop, who is the other hero, had. Something about a red orb and me falling in battle. Oleana was told Usui's one of the best."

"A red orb you say?" his brother asked curiously. "You see, our mom was born in Kanto but our dad is from Galar. We grew up hearing stories about the two heroes. I've honestly never thought they actually existed. Same for the legendary Pokémon." He glanced at Zacian. "I suspect that that one is one of the two wolves, isn't it?"

Gloria nodded proudly.

Nate was smirking. "Interesting. But, it is time that we get going." the two brothers stood up.

"I'm curious about the match tomorrow, I'm sure I'll see you again!" he said.

Usui jumped up too. "Can't wait till tomorrow. It's an honor truly!"

Hop arrived at the grassfield were Gloria was waiting on him not too long after Usui and Nate left. The two relaxed and spend the afternoon together with each other and their Pokémon. They eventually made curry together. It was getting late. The sun was starting to set, so the two rivals packed their stuff and started to walk back. They walked back together, hand in hand. Gloria was nervous, she was going to confess her love for him soon. She was too nervous to receive an answer yet. So she was planning to tell him that she loves him when they had to part ways. Hop squeezed her hand.