Chapter 11

"Are you sure?" Hop asked his brother.

Leon nodded and put his hands in his pockets. "Raihan confirmed it. The orb has been stolen from the vault."

Hop kicked the floor in anger. "We must let Gloria know before she gets in danger. I'll call her right away." he had promised to call her anyways. She didn't pick up her phone. His heart sunk beneath his chest due to worry.

"She doesn't pick up... I'll go to her house instead." he hurriedly put on his jacked and ran outside.

He stopped in front of her house. The lights were off everywhere except for the ones in the living room. He saw her mom watching her drama, but there was no sign of Gloria. He looked around the area. He saw a piece of paper laying on the ground. There were a couple of numbers written on it. He grabbed his phone and searched for the number on the internet.
It were the coördinates for the slumbering wealds! He gritted his teeth. The gate, that was usually locked, had been opened.
Gloria is in danger. He could sense it. He send Leon a message with the coördinates too, just to be sure.

He immediately let out his Zamazenta. They exchanged a quick glance before both running into the forest. After a while of running he finally neared the altar. He suddenly stopped running. There was a blinding red light coming from the altar.

"Destroy them, Ditto!" he heard a man shouting.

"Zamazenta, go protect Gloria!" Hop ordered his partner Pokémon.

Zamazenta immediately runned into the open field. Hop followed his Pokémon as fast as he could. He saw Gloria being surrounded by a red aura. She looked weak, Eternatus was floating behind her and Zacian in frong of her.

"Quick Zacian, try to stop him!" She ordered her Pokémon with all the energy she had left.

He ran towards her, the battlefield started to turn pink. Hop wrapped his arms around her and ducked her down. He heard the sound of a large explosion and held her even tighter. He had to protect her. He was the only one who could. The dust from the explosion started to fade away. In front of Hop was Zamazenta, he caught up the Dynamax beam with ease. Zacian sprang down next to Zamazenta, both protecting their trainers with pride. Hop was looking around. Eternatus and the red orb disappeared. He looked at Gloria. Her eyes were shut, and her face was full of red lines which looked like veins. She was emitting a strange red glow. She almost felt lifeless in his arms. Her nose started to bleed. Hop lifted Gloria in her arms and turned around to see what was exactly going on. Facing him were the twins Nate and Usui. On the ground were two ditto's and in the sky was flying a transformed ditto disguised as Eternatus. The two ditto's on the ground transformed themself into the two legendary wolves.

The Pokémon started fighting each other, Nate started to laugh clinically. "And here comes the other hero, here to save the girl whom he loves so much!"

Hop carefully places Gloria on the floor and gently kissed her forehead before turning to face the blonde boy from his vision.

"You're damn right I am." Hop responded with a deep voice. He grabbed a rusted shield from his bag and stood protectively in front of Gloria. The two boys attacked each other and fought.

--

Gloria was resting. She felt an enormous power breaking free from within her. She was in a black space alone with Eternatus.

"Are you okay?" She asked him, her voice was full of worry. She walked closer to the legendary Pokémon and tried to touch it. Eternatus brought its head into her her hands.

Gloria smiled and started to pat its head. "Thank goodness you are."
She kept quiet for a moment.

"Don't you want to be freed again?" She asked him softly.

Eternatus backed down and lifted itself up in the air.
Of course I want to.

Eternatus spoke to Gloria via telepathy. But we have been connected like this for hundreds of years already.

Gloria looked around her. Everything was pitched black. She looked at the legendary Pokémon with determination. "I will destroy the orb."

And I will protect you. Use the rusted sword to break the orb.

Gloria opened her eyes. She was out of breath and sweating. She reached for her bag and grabbed the rusted sword out of it. She slowly crawled back up and looked around. Hop and Nate stopped fighting when the red glow reappeared. Nate stared in disbelief when he saw Gloria stand up, carrying the rusted shield behind her.

"Impossible! Where did Eternatus go?" He yelled at her.

Hop turned around with joy. "Glo, you're awake!"

But he was wrong. It wasn't just Gloria. One of her eyes was red instead of both. Eternatus had merged its soul with the champion for now, the person carrying the sword were Gloria and Eternatus merged as one. Nate threw a knife at her, it barely missed, and she had cut her cheek on it. The blood started dripping down from the wound. The young champion could feel the time ticking. Eternatus wasn't able to hold this forever. She took a deep breath and ran towards the orb. She jumped in the air while holding up her sword. In the corner of her eye she saw a knife flying her way, this one would hit her and be fatal, but she had no choice. She cut the orb in half she was still in the air, but suddenly something pushed her down. It was Usui. He caught the knife in her place. They both fell down on the ground. Hop ran towards Gloria and immediately kneeled down next to her. He looked worried at the two trainers. Nate kneeled down next to his brother. He started to open up his shirt to see where the bleeding came from. Gloria started to shake heavily. The red glow and veins on her body started to disappear. Suddenly everything was fading to black once again.

After awhile, Gloria was back to reality once again. She heard the worried voice of Hop. She slowly opened up her eyes. Her vision was very blury. It was warm. The young girls head was being held by familiar hands. Her vision regained as she looked up into the eyes of her lover.

"You're awake... Thank goodness... You got me really worried there mate." He smiled softly as he was patting her head.

"She's awake?" the voice of Leon asked. Gloria slowly sat back up and looked around. Usui and Nate both dissappeared. Eternatus, Zacian and Zamazenta were all standing close to them.

"You're still here?" Gloria asked Eternatus.

The legendary Pokémon didn't respond. He just stared at her. She looked at Hop, who was holding her shoulders tightly so she wouldn't get up. She suddenly saw a vision of the two brothers getting eaten. She gritted her teeth. "Don't tell me..." She looked at Leon in horror.

"Did he eat them?"

Leon looked uncomfortably at her. Gloria wringled herself out of Hops arms and stood up. On the floor in front of Eternarus was laying the last piece of the red orb, Usui's necklace. She picked it up and held in tightly in her hands. There was still a piece of it left. She held her hand in the air. Eternatus roared and flew to her at full speed. Hop and Leon both immediately jumped to her side to pull her back. Eternatus rested its head on her hand, Hop and Leon both looked in amaze. Gloria reached out her other hand to Hop. He grabbed it tightly and stood next to her.

"Eternatus knows that he has consequences to face now, after eating two man." The champion was smiling softly, yet her eyes were filled with sadness. She let go of Eternatus and held the amulet in the air as she faced hop, still holding one hand. "We both are heroes, Hop. We should do it together."

Hop looked at his girlfriend in confusion. "What do you mean?"
Both Zamazenta and Zacian took a seat by their sides, their sword and shield were ready in their mouths. Hop grabbed her other hand and gulped nervously. Their bodies started reacting to the amulet. Gloria was glowing red again, while Hop was emitting a blue glow.

"We're gonna lock Eternatus up once again, but this time together!" the brunette yelled. The field got a purple glow. A purple orb appeared in the middle of the altar, it was about to fall, but Leon caught it just in time. The purple glow dissappeared, Eternatus had shrunk in size, and roared its usual roar. Hop and Gloria were both emitting a stronger aura as a trainer. Hop pulled his arms around her neck and hugged her tightly. "We did it mate!" he said joyful. Gloria hugged him back and buried her head in his chest. Leon put his arms around the both of them, joining them in the hug. It was finally over.