Chapter 6 (Part 1): Multitasking

Art Credit: Loudly Gay on DeviantArt

Your eyes darted upward hearing the smooth low tone Alice gave crawl around Level Nine in its haunting echo. Henry gave you a firm look as if trying to give some sort of warning and stepped forward along with Boris, sending Alice into another statement.

"Perhaps our new members will prove to be useful. But I do hope you've brought me the hearts I need in the meantime, errand boy. They're VERY necessary."

Sammy bristled and gripped his axe tighter while brushing the hand of yours that was holding your own blade. Both Henry and Boris were silent climbing the stairs and moving past the flipped yet smiling posters of Alice, going up to what you could only guess was a chute and pulling something black, lumpy, and shiny out. As if you weren't disgusted enough hearing Alice call Henry her "errand boy," you felt nausea sweep over you when you realized it was an inky HEART Boris was holding. Your reaction would've been much more amused if you were watching this through an actual screen seeing Boris whip out something different from out of thin air. But that slimy beating thing was very, VERY real.
Your eyes froze on the sight as Boris handed the first heart to Henry and pulled out at least three more for him to send down. Those posters just kept on staring. Alice's voice tore in again.

"Well done," she murmured. "But there's still much more I know you can accomplish. My machines are simply starving for spare parts and power cores. Return them to me from the valves and gearboxes they rest in, won't you? They're very simple tasks."

Henry rolled his green eyes and muttered "simple tasks" in a way that got a giggle out of you, but he was turning to the elevator with Boris all too soon. You rushed forward, taking his arm and causing the man to turn around in surprise while Sammy lingered back.

"Everything will go much faster if I help you two, let me do that."

Although Boris tilted his head in curiosity, Henry didn't seem shocked at your words at all. Understandably, his face held more concern than anything.

"We've only done one of her tasks and came out pretty badly." Henry pulled up his sleeve and to your horror revealed a pretty horrifying bruise and cut extending along his arm, slightly mixing scarlet blood with onyx ink. The resulting grimace and wince coming from you was nothing but natural. Henry simply pulled his sleeve back up to hide it again and looked at you directly.

"I'm not saying you can't handle it. But I'd rather you wouldn't. There are ink creatures everywhere, and none of them are friendly. Especially..." He faltered, looking down for a second. "Especially Bendy. He wasn't too pleased to see me come back after everything, so I don't think he'll react too nicely to you either. ...Are you sure you want to help do this?"

I've made it this far. But I've had help, and all I've done is run. I've been scared. I WILL get scared. I have to do this though, no doubt.

You nodded, meeting his eyes again. "I'll always want to help you, and I've been careful ever since I stepped inside. So, yes."

"Amazingly sweet of you," the speakers interrupted, snapping your head up to the ceiling. "Which leaves us with one more question: what will the loyal, devoted prophet of Bendy do? Will he help~?"

You turned back around in surprise to see Sammy bristle again like some sort of attacked animal, fury written in his posture all over as his mask lifted towards the top of the level.

That IS a good question... I mean, he's been like a friend going through everything with me. But he's also supposed to hate Alice, right? Bendy gave that impression in their previous conversation. He doesn't want Alice to look perfect again- however she looks now- and he wouldn't be happy seeing Sammy accomplish that. Sammy would do almost anything to please Bendy in return, so...