Chapter 9: One Man's Dream

Art Credit: Hoppa-Jesse
...Characterizing Henry is hard af-

"Y/N." Your eyes shot up straight to meet silver ones; a calm and bright gray which concealed annoyance. "Staring at Mr. Lawrence isn't going to give any of us further ideas."

Now all other eyes were flicked to looking at you, Henry's filled with a small apology for whatever he felt Joey said that'd potentially intimidate you and Sammy's shockingly not bearing their usual sternness. They were only filled with interest. He wasn't upset in the slightest you were "admiring."

And now, years later, he was showing you more passion than you'd seen before in all the other people you'd met. Was he still a person to you? Absolutely. And he was a wonderful one as well.

Since he was a being of ink, however, you imagined kissing him would feel... odd. That ink would get on your lips and cause some sort of poisoning. It didn't. Instead, it was a light and cool feeling filled with as much sweetness as his pie-cut eyes. Inky hair brushed with yours briefly as well... it felt so peaceful. Like you were outside in the city you both loved as people; people more regular without so much experience in a broken studio. What was just as amazing was how he made that studio so much better for you.

Once he parted from you just as the bright clouds and sweet scent in your head parted you opened your vision to see another warm smile directed down at you. What you gave back was a look carrying all the reassurance and peace you had and he silently slipped his mask back on after you mapped out all the features of his face in your memory. Both of you knew you accepted each other and what was done a moment earlier. You yourself turned to see Henry and Boris, pure green and jet black eyes in a new lifetime.

Henry had his arms around you in a second, though he was very gentle in his hold and with his words. "I'm assuming you're alright now? Considering it's you Y/N, I'm not surprised," he chuckled. Boris had a face which completely agreed and darted over to lick the side of your face, smiling cheerfully at the laugh he got out of you. Before she cut in-

"Y/N, lovely! So good to see you alive and breathing. You are very lucky, darling, that I was merciful enough to wait for you to wake up again. An angel hardly waits." You didn't like how her voice dropped into a low lull at the last sentence but pushed past it as always. You were fairly sure she should be satisfied by now. And from the looks your companions had you could tell they hoped so as well.

"...Thank you." You'd most likely take no harm in giving her what she wanted to hear. It might've even helped. However, she seemed to ignore this as she continued on further, giving what you assumed was either a new order or a new piece of information.

No..., not an order. What is she saying-

"You've all been wonderful, my little travelers. Henry, Y/N, Boris, Sammy... but... well, I just might not want to let you go. It'd only be sending you further into hell..."

"Alice, Susie-"

"Y/N, did you really think I'd stop at what I'm trying to achieve?! I NEED my beauty back, my eye, my mouth- neither you nor Boris nor Henry are going to rip that from me like that- that DEMON who ripped my life away! I know what you want as well, Stein! And I'm going to be ALICE and find my heaven whether it gets you all slaughtered like sheep or not!"

A new kind of horror gave you a fresh slap to the face. Bendy... Bendy was still a nightmare to many minds, but the thing you noticed about him was that he was mostly alone in his obscured actions, starting and ending each fight himself.
Alice... Alice was much quieter about who she toyed with. Mistrust as well as uncertainty were the only things pulling off the blindfold she had on you. Even then they weren't quick enough. YOU were not quick enough. The angel would find her assistance, unlike Bendy. You knew.