facetime

ya gorl's back
so things you need to know:
- you and Noah are dating
- this is during lockdown or just the  coronavirus pandemic
- you haven't said your first "i love you"

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"i can't wait for lockdown to be over." i sigh as i start sketching mindlessly on a piece of paper.

"yeah, it's so boring." noah replies.

you and your boyfriend, noah are face timing during lockdown because of the coronavirus. you had started online school but you missed all your friends.

"sometimes, i wonder if we'll even go back to school. it's already been a month and it doesn't look like it's getting better." i complain.

"yeah, i've been going on tiktok and my screen time is on like 8 hours." noah groans "i can't wait to see you. i miss you like crazy and i'm getting so bored."

"i miss you too hon-hold up did you say your screen time was 8 hours?" i asked.

"um yeah...why?" noah asks, utterly confused.

"mine's on 16 hours."

"i-"

"..."

"..."

"anyways, what have you been doing?" i asked, trying to get rid of the uncomfortable silence.

"um... i've been on tiktok trying to reply to all of my fans' tiktoks. oh my god, there's so many!" noah answers.

"tell me about it." i say, as i grab a bag of crisps, snacking for the 16th time today. i swear, I have put on 50 pounds already. "i liked one of the edits of us on instagram that one of your fans made, just one, and then my explore page is suddenly full of edits. i mean, i don't mind but it's a bit overwhelming."

"y/n?"

"yep."

"i need to tell you something."

"what is it noah?" I'm getting kind of worried about what he needs to tell me.

"well..ikindofgotanewdogandshesahuskyandiamsoexcitedbecausenowspaghettihasafriend."

"you what?"

"we got a new dog!"

"oh... what's her name?" i let out a sigh of relief. at least it isn't that serious.

"riley."

"what? you had a chance to name her meatballs but you let it slide..."

"you know, i actually said that but chloe said that it was a terrible name."

"i love you noah." i mutter mindlessly. i don't think i realised what i said until noah's face dropped. it took me a moment to realise that also heard it. "um bye noah. have fun with riley!" i quickly hung up.

i put my phone on the bedside table before groaning into my pillow. we hadn't said our first "i love you" yet and now I'm kinda scared. what if he doesn't love me?

a ding went off. i looked at my phone.

nowah💖💖

i love you too

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

oh dear lord, that was such a bad ending. sorry.