sour skittles

request from Yasmin_da_wEiRdO

au where soulmates have each other's names tattooed onto their wrists.

what you need to know:

noah is still famous but someone leaked a picture of his soulmate's name and people are trying to fake it to have him as their soulmate. y/n doesn't know who he is and when he sees your wrist, he just assumes you're one of the crazy fangirls.

the author (me) dislikes noah beck with a passion and would not be liked for anyone to be triggered by the fact that people don't agree with them so i recommend that if you appreciate noah beck's existence in the slightest, you should probably stop reading. it's for your own good.

i am british and this is aimed at my fellow brits. when it says british accent, i mean what the posh people in london in the olden times would sound like. i don't mean a scouser accent so please don't even think about it.

-

"noah"

"what, like noah beck?"

"ew what, no thanks. i'm a minor."

-

i live in a world where at the age of sixteen, everyone gets their soulmate's name tattooed onto their wrists. it comes in really handy because it kinda narrows it down so you can find your soulmate. thing is, it doesn't tell you your soulmate's last name so most of the time it is really difficult. most of the time, people spend their entire lives looking for them. not very ideal if you ask me. i have more important things to do than looking for my soulmate. you know, like actually living your life and not chasing after a person that you only know by their first name.

to be honest, i've always been intrigued by soulmates. maybe it's the idea of someone out there who is perfect for you. i dont know, i really don't. it's just really interesting to me. so when i got my soulmate on my sixteenth birthday, i told myself that i was gonna try and find my soulmate. i didn't want to dedicate my life to finding them. but if i did find them, i would spend my time with them. if not, i won't give a fuck. you know, why should finding one person in this huge world stop me from doing what i love?

-

okay, so maybe that was a lie. as soon as i got my soulmate's name, i searched up any noahs that maybe somewhat famous. i mean, how cool would that be, having a famous soulmate? but i knew that it was very unlikely. so that's why it came as a surprise when a famous noah told me that i was wearing a fake tattoo on my wrist in the middle of walmart.

-

maybe i should start from the beginning.

my name is y/n l/n and when i turned sixteen seven months ago, "noah" appeared on my wrist in black ink. like the kind that won't ever come off. unless you found your soulmate, that is. so as soon as i got it, i showed it to my best friend.

"it says noah."

"what, like noah beck?" they suggested, wriggling their eyebrows at me.

"ew what, no thanks. i'm a minor." i replied, kinda unsettled by the fact a twenty year old man could possibly be my soulmate. i don't want to even think about it. the guy triggers my fight or flight response.

"well you never know." they shrugged theirs shoulders.

"i don't think the universe wants me to get with a toxic male four years older than me, right?" i questioned. the universe has its own way of fucking up my plans so i probably shouldn't hope for so much.