10

"You must be doing this on purpose!"

"No, I'm not," he replied, "If anything, I'm doing you a service."

"A service? " she hissed, "you're not doing me, or anyone for that matter, a service! In fact, if anything, you're doing the entire human population a disservice!"

"If I hear the word service one more time, I'll stab my eye with a fork, " he stated in the most nonchalant manner, sighed, then picked up his menu, "I'm getting kind of hungry, and I think we should call the waiter. Order whatever you'd like - it's fine, I'll purchase."

She gasped. She literally audibly gasped out loud. He should consider himself lucky that she asked him out on a second date, and this is how he treats her?! She wasn't even used to taking guys on second dates- but, to her defense, she wasn't used to her dates being alive after the first one anyways! At this point, the only possible explanation she had for his behavior was that he was some kind of lunatic - one that treated life like some kind of circus!

Her eyes widened, and her lips pressed into a line, one thinner than the hair strands on her head. And, though she refuses to show it, for the first time ever in what may be her life, she was actually getting nervous!

"Why are you doing this?" She asked, as her legs and heart drummed to the same rapid beat. Her breathing was so loud she might as well have been carrying a microphone, and she felt herself getting suffocated by the scent of his strong cologne. "I gave you a second chance!" she added, and, in an attempt to steady her now frantic self, she leaned towards him, placing her elbows on the table surface.

He dropped the menu and he, too, leaned towards her, "Excuse me? I'm the one that gave you a second chance!" He now dropped his nonchalant act and leveled his eye gaze with hers, "The last time we were here together, you reprimanded me for coming in time! Then, you did it again this date too! And oh, not to mention that time you accused me I view women as a game! You think you could just resurface-"

"For the love of God will you just get over that women comment already!" she interrupted, and just as she was about to continue, a waiter came by their table, and with the chirpiest and most annoying tone she had ever heard, said: "Hello! Good evening,

How may I be of service?"