Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I was super excited to write this chapter, so it's extra long. Let me know what you think!

Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar: The Last Airbender or any of its characters!

————————————————————————

Aang walked into his room and sat down on his bed letting out a sigh. Is this a date?, Aang thought to himself, No, Katara is just a friend. Just then Zuko walked out of the bathroom and turned towards Aang.

"Aang, I'm going down to the bending field, You wanna come? We can spar!" Zuko asked him, hoping to see his Airbending in person.

"Yeah, sure why not." Aang said standing hope. He was hoping this would get his mind off of Katara.

"Now, this I've gotta see," Sokka said, shooting up, "I'll ask the girls if they want to come!". Before Aang could protest Sokka was already out the door.

————————————————————————

Suki was laying down on her bed when she heard the pounding on her door. She jumped up startled and walked towards the door. The other girls stood up too, curious who was at the door.

Suki opened the door to find her boyfriend standing there with Aang and Zuko in the hallway behind him. Before Suki could say a word Sokka was already talking, typical.

"We're going to the practice field so Aang and Zuko can fight!" Sokka said.

"Spar!" Zuko cut in.

"Yeah, Spar, whatever, you guys wanna come?" Sokka asked, referring to the whole group of girls. Toph was the first to walk out the door.

"I'm always down to watch someone get pummeled." She told them with an evil grin on her face.

Suki was next out the door. "Sounds like fun." She said, grabbing onto her boyfriend's arm.

Finally Katara and Mai looked at each other, sighed, and walked out the door, closing it behind them. Mai walked over and took Zuko's hand in hers and they all started down the hallway and to the field. As they were walking Aang noticed Katara looking at him.

"I didn't think I'd see you til' 6." He said, humor in his voice.
"Yeah, but I guess nothing we do really goes according to plan, huh?" She said in the same tone. If only she knew, Aang thought to himself.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Katara asked him seemingly out of nowhere.

"What do you mean" Aang asked with a confused look on his face.

"Fighting Zuko, are you sure it's a good idea? Zuko is a really strong Firebender. I just don't want to see you get hurt!" She told him, anxiety evident in her voice. Aang stopped and put his hands on her shoulders.

He looked her in the eye's and said, "Katara I'll be fine, just trust me, Okay?"

"Okay, I trust you. Just please be careful." She told him, Still feeling scared for him.

"I promise!" He told the worried girl. She hugged him and they continued walking.

————————————————————————

Aang and Katara caught up with the group as they made it to the field. It was a big oval shaped field with large bleachers on either side. Zuko made his way out to the field and the rest of the group up into the bleachers, leaving Aang and Katara.

Katara pulled Aang into another hug and whispered goodluck into his ear. Katara pulled away from the hug and Aang walked around, he turned around and gave Katara a quick wink right before he walked onto the field. Katara blushed and made her way up the bleachers to her friends. Katara sat down next to Toph who was standing so that she could feel the vibrations and "see" the fight. Just then Aang and Zuko both took off their shirts to prepare for the battle. Before they left, Aang had changed into a pair of black gym shorts as he didnt feel like fighting in sweatpants. Katara, Mai, and Suki all blushed at the sight of the shirtless boys. Although she was with Sokka and loved him, even she could admit the boys were attractive. Luckly, Sokka was too busy to notice his girlfriend's blush.