Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I had to take a break from writing because I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with this story. I didn't want to just ruin it so I waited until I found an idea that I really like, I have a couple of things that I want to do with this story. I can't promise to have any kind of set schedules, but I won't just give up on the story, Thanks for sticking with it and let me know what you think!

Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar: The Last Airbender or any of its characters!

————————————————————————

Sokka sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked around and noticed the group sitting in different spots around the room. Zuko and Mai were laying on the couch together, Toph was sitting in the chair, Katara was sitting on Aang's bed with her back on the Airbender's chest, and Suki was sitting on the foot of his bed.

"What happened?" Sokka asked, feeling still half asleep.

"You fainted." Toph said, laughter in her voice.

"I had the craziest dream, Katara and Aang were dating, and then Aang said he was the Avatar, and then he firebended. How crazy is that?" Sokka said with a hint of humor in his voice at the crazy dream. Everyone just looked at each other before bursting out laughing.

After they calmed down from their fit, Sokka asked, "What's so funny?" With that Aang and Katara walked over to him and Katara said, "Yeah, about that!" Katara raised her hand that was holding Aangs and they both gave a slight smile. Sokka just stared at them for a moment, mouth open wide, before coming to a realization.

"Wait, if you really are dating then that means I wasn't really dreaming which means..." Sokka turned to look at Aang and screamed, "YOU'RE THE AVATAR!" At the boy's words, Aang lunged towards him and clamped a hand over his mouth.

"Yes, and I would prefer it if the whole school didn't know, okay?" Aang said, in a serious yet playful tone. Sokka gulped and began to shake his head up and down furiously. Aang pulled his hand away and Sokka sat up. He calmed down for a moment before realizing something else.

"WAIT YOU TWO ARE DATING!" Sokka yelled again. The whole gang minus Sokka just facepalmed. This was going to be a long night. Following Katara's advice Aang told the group everything. Starting from finding out he was the Avatar and ending at right now. He also explained to them that he wanted to keep it between them for now, just until he was ready for people to know. Aang figured there would be a lot of questions but was surprised when only Sokka had a question, but knowing Sokka he figured he already knew the question.

"So when do we get to see you bend all the elements?" He asked, sounding like an excited child.

With a defeated sigh, Aang stood up and walked out the door leaving everyone sitting in the room confused.

Aang's head poked back into the door frame and said, "Well, are you coming or not?"

Everyone shot up and sprinted out the door after him. The group made their way outside and towards the forest, they kept walking until they were out of view of the dorms and stopped.

"Okay, everybody stand back." Aang told them. Everybody walked back giving the Avatar space to work with. He looked over and gave Katara a weak smile. Seeing he was nervous, she blew him a kiss which seemed to calm him down. He took a deep breath and began. Using his Airbending he vaulted into the air, he brought up a large pillar of rock to meet him in the air. He glanced over and found a small pond nearby, he summoned the water to him and formed a ring of water around his waist. He took a deep breath before finally sending a large flame out of his mouth and high into the sky. Everyone stared in shock at the raw power of their friend. With his demonstration over, Aang returned the water to the pond and sunk his pillar back into the ground before looking over to see his friend's reaction. Most were just standing there awestruck but Katara was looking at him with a proud grin on her face.

Finally Sokka spoke up, "That was... Awesome! I can't believe that I'm roommates with the Avatar!" Aang finally relaxed and everyone started laughing.

Katara walked over to Aang and gave him a quick peck on the lips before saying, "He's right you know, that was pretty amazing!"

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed it." Aang told her before bending down to give her a kiss.

After a second Sokka finally stepped in, pulling them apart, and said, "Okay, that's enough of that." They both blushed and everyone started laughing again.

"Remember we want to keep this on the downlow, so don't do anything stupid or unneccesary, got it!" Katara said, focusing mostly on her brother.

There was a choir of agreements before they decided to head back to the dorms. Aang slipped his hand into Katara's and she rested her head on his shoulder while they all walked to their rooms in silence. They had class in the morning and they were all pretty tired, especially Aang who hadn't done much practicing with the other elements in a while. They approached the stairs and Toph earthbended them a platform to the third floor. The group said their goodnights and Katara and Aang shared a hug and a quick kiss before heading into their respective rooms. Sokka and Zuko weren't as tired as Aang so they stayed up for a little while on their phones. Aang grabbed a change of clothes and hopped in the shower. 10 minutes later he stepped out and put on a pair of underwear and shorts before leaving the bathroom. Aang said goodnight to the boys and layed down but before he could fall asleep Sokka walked to his side and said, "Aang, I trust you with my sister. Just please don't hurt her, okay?"

Aang was a little taken aback, he had never seen Sokka so serious before, but it felt good to know that he had his trust. Aang stood up to face the boy and said, "You have my Avatar promise." Sokka smiled and the two shared a quick bro hug before Aang layed back down and quickly drifted off into sleep, dreaming about the beautiful waterbender that he was able to call his girlfriend.

————————————————————————

Two weeks passed with no problems. Aang and Katara spent the time together, often just the two of them. The group hadn't seemed to have any problems keeping Aang's secret, but like all things, something just had to go wrong. In this case it was due to a lack of thinking on both Sokka and Zuko's case.

The school day had just ended and the gang was walking towards their dorms when Sokka and Zuko pulled Aang aside to talk.

"Guess what we did today!" Sokka said with excitement in his voice.

"I don't know, what?" Aang asked the boy, curious as to why it seemed to involve him.

"We signed the three of us up for the Four Nations Warrior Tournament." Zuko told him.

Aang's jaw dropped. The Four Nations Warrior Tournament was a competition hosted once a year by the school. It was an extremely prestigious and important event not just to the school but to pretty much the whole world. Dignitaries and officials would attend the tournament to witness the best of Four Nations Boarding School compete in Single elimination combat trials, both benders and non-benders were allowed to compete and the winner was named as the schools Warrior Champion. How could they be so stupid, if anything was able to blow Aang's cover, it was this.

"You're joking right! You can't actually think I would risk exposing my secret, just to compete in some competition." Aang told them, unable to believe that they could even think he would compete.

"Then I guess you don't care that Jet's competing..." Zuko said with a sly grin. He knew of Aang's problem with Jet and used it to his advantage.

Aang's face dropped to a scowl, and he muttered two simple words. Two words that would ruin everything. "I'm in!"

To Be Continued...