Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A/N: I wanted to have one more fluffy chapter before I get into the more complex fighting chapters so here you go. Sorry it took so long but inspiration struck for another story and I had to jump on that. I promise I haven't quit on this one and I'm really starting to enjoy writing again. I'll have the next chapter out sooner, I promise. After you're done reading this you should go check out my other story. It's pretty different from this one but I really like it and if you like Kataang, I'm sure you'd like it too. Let me know what you think and thanks for sticking around!

Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar: The Last Airbender or any of its characters!

————————————————————————

"You just agreed to it just like that! What are you thinking, I know that you two are that stupid, " Katara yelled, pointing at Sokka and Zuko who were hiding sheepishly in the corner as they cowered behind their girlfriends, "but come on Aang, really?"

After Aang had agreed to fight in the tournament, the boys agreed they would tell Katara but wouldn't tell her the real reason Aang was so adamant about participating. As an Air Nomad and the Avatar, Aang wasn't one for revenge, but this was different. Was it really revenge if he deserved it. After his first problem with Jet, Katara had made him promise to not do anything because she didn't like to see him like that. He had reluctantly agreed, and somehow Jet found out about that promise and used it to his own advantage. Albeit less frequently, Jet continued his advances towards Katara. Aang knew Katara could protect and stand up for herself but that didn't make him feel any better about the situation. Up until now Aang was stuck, if he stayed back then Jet would keep pushing forward, but if he fought back he would be breaking his promise to Katara. This opportunity was perfect and he couldn't just pass it up. Now he just had to find a way to convince Katara that it would be okay.

"What? I think it would be fun, If I'm careful then no one will find out!"He explained to her, taking one of her hands in his and placing his other on her shoulder.

"No, this is stupid and I won't have any part of it!" She yelled before ripping her hand from his grasp and storming off out of the room. Aang took both hands and slapped them to his face, started rubbing his eyes, and let out a deep sigh. Everyone in the room began to look at each other in an awkward silence.

"Well that could have gone better!" Toph said as she plopped down on the couch putting her feet on the table.

Sokka walked over to Aang and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be fine. Just give her some time." Aang just nodded.

"So can I get a rundown on this whole thing real quick?" Aang asked, trying to get his mind off of Katara for a moment.

"Yeah, so it starts in a week and runs for four days. The first day is the kickoff of the festival. The second day is the actual festival, there will be vendors and games and lots of food. The third day is the Warrior's banquet, everyone fighting in the tournament will be called forward and honored by the school, this is when this is when parents and leaders and stuff arrive. The final day is the tournament, it's a single elimination, bracket style tournament. After the final match there is a big party to crown the Warrior Champion." Zuko told him, emphasizing certain points about each day.

"Wow,so this is like a big deal!" Aang thought out loud. He had heard of the Four Nations Warrior Tournament but had no clue it was this big of a deal that it warranted its own festival.

"To be crowned Warrior Champion is a HUGE accomplishment!" Sokka told him. "It won't be easy, even for you, we should probably start training soon."