13 - Jackson ✔

Derek's Point of View

I woke up that morning to the sun shining in my eyes. I hate it so much. I'd rather wake up to someone jumping on me. I look around and I see beer cans on the floor and Jackson twisted and turned in his sleep because half of his body is hanging off the couch while the other is up and over the back end of it. I have no idea how he can sleep like that. It does not look comfortable at all but hey, whatever works I guess.

I get up and start to clean up a little. I pick up the beer cans and plates from the floor and take them to the kitchen. I place the dishes in the sink and the cans in the trash. I walk back to the living room and turn the tv off and tidy up the blankets, pillows, and cushions on the couch I was lying on. I put the blankets and pillows back in the closet where they came from and I noticed that Jackson still wasn't up so I decided to clean up the kitchen.

I washed the dishes and threw away the empty pizza boxes. I took the trash out and then came back to our apartment and continue to clean up the kitchen. Once I was done cleaning I began to make some food. I was getting hungry after all that cleaning. I was flipping the bacon and I saw Jackson walked in.

"Hey sleepyhead," I announce.

"Shut up," he groans, "I have a killer headache."

He is rubbing his temples and sits at the bar station thing with his eyes closed. I get a glass of water ready for him and I set it down in front of him. He looks up from the table and smirks.

"I didn't know you were a bartender," he laughs.

"Haha, very funny. Now shut up and drink it while I'll get you some pain meds," I say.

He picks up his water and takes a sip as I go to my bathroom to get the pills. I grab two and hand them to Jackson as I make my way into the kitchen. 

"So are we still going to McCall's club tonight?" I ask.

"Yeah, if you want and like I said you don't have to come with me," he says.

"I know but I want to. For you and to see Stiles," I laugh.

"Of course," he laughs.

"Do you think you'll go home with anyone tonight?" I ask.

"I think I'm just going to look while I'm there, maybe talk to a few people. I don't think I'm ready to have sex with someone yet. You know I don't trust people easily," he explains.

"Dude, you don't have to explain if you are or aren't. I just want you to be safe and have fun. Do whatever you want but keep it legal obviously," I say.

"I know and thank you. And plus when's the last time I did anything illegal?" he asks.

"I don't know of anything recently but that doesn't mean you haven't done anything I don't know about. But I doubt that you've done anything after last time," I say.

"Yeah that was bad, but it's over now and the future is going to be awesome and hopefully I find the correct partner for me," he says.

"I have faith in you. Now, do you want to head over there early before they open or later in the night?" I ask.

"I don't know. Isaac is supposed to come over and hang out. I forgot to tell you. So we can't leave until he leaves. So whenever he leaves we can go I guess, but don't rush him out. We want to be polite," he says.

"That's fine. Do you know what time he's supposed to get here?" I ask.

"Um after lunch I believe he said," he says.

"Okay well, do you want to out to lunch or order something?" I ask.

"I don't care really," he says.

"Oh my god, can you please choose this time. I've chosen the last three times and you always dislike what I pick," I say.

"I do not. It's just that you pick healthy stuff," he groans.

"Well then decide or I'll get you a salad," I smirk.

"Fine. How about that burger place on third?" he suggests.

"Yeah sure, when do you wanna go?" 

"In an hour or two maybe," he says.

"Okay, you wanna chill till then, or do you have anything you wanna talk about?" I ask.

"No, I've got nothing," he says, "How about you?" he asks.

"Nope, nothing, well actually," I say grabbing the glass of water in front of me.

"Yes?"

"How well do you know Isaac?" I ask.

I've known him since high school so about 5 years I guess. Why?"

"Does he know about the club?" I ask.

"Well no, he doesn't know that," he mumbles.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Well he doesn't even know my correct sexuality and I'm afraid if I told him he would find me weird and not want to be my friend anymore," he says sadly.

"Hey. If or when you tell him and he reacts badly then you know that he wasn't a true friend in the first place," I comfort him.

"Yeah, but you know I have very few friends and I don't want to lose the ones I have," he says.

"I understand that but you don't want to hide half of your life from your best friend. You are supposed to be able to talk about anything with your best friend," I say.

"And I talk to you about everything," he says.

"That's because you came to my club looking like a sad lost puppy," I laugh.

"Hey!" he smacks me, "Don't laugh at me. That was a hard time in my life," he says.

"And did Isaac notice?" I ask.

"He may have asked what's wrong a couple of times, but I kind of pushed it away and changed the subject," he says.

"Okay, so when he comes what should I not talk about?" I ask.

"Well for starters the club," he says.

"What if he asks about my job?" I ask.

"Well then don't tell him what kind of club it is," he scoffs.

"Don't get pissy with me mister," I say calmly.

"Sorry but please don't tell him," he says.

"I would never do that to you unless I needed to tell him to help you," I say.

"So yeah don't talk about the type of club it is and my sexuality, please," he says.

"Okay, noted," I say.

"Okay thank you for understanding," he says.

"Oh no, I don't," I say.

"What?" he asks.

"I don't understand why you won't tell your supposed best friend but I won't say anything," I explain.

"Okay well I guess you don't have to understand but thank you for agreeing not to say anything," he says.

"Do you like him or something?" I ask.

"What? No!" he exclaims, "Why would you ask me that?" he asks.

"Because that's the only reason I can come up with in my head for as to why you haven't told him yet. You've been a member at my club for almost 3 years now," I say.

"Well I don't like him like that and plus even if I did he says he's talking to someone and I don't think he's kinky so it wouldn't work," he explains.

"Well, I hope you tell him soon," I say.

"Maybe," he mumbles and wanders off to the living room.

"Don't forget about us getting lunch in an hour," I shout.

"Okay!" 

Number of Words: 1300

Published: May 11, 2020