Chapter 2

Ethan's P.O.V

"You might want to sit down for this.."

I furrowed my eyebrows as soon as I heard the tone in his voice. My stomach started churning from the severe anxiety that was hitting me reminding me what happened all those years ago.

"Ethan?"

The doctor snapped me out of my thoughts and I cautiously sat down, dreading to hear whatever was to come next.

"I know that this is going to be hard for you Ethan.. I don't know how to say this so I'll just get straight to the point... Ethan, you have (insert illness here because I ain't no doctor-), as you probably know because of your... past events. That you only have a year and a few more weeks to live."

Those words made my world fall apart as I started tuning out whatever the doctor was saying. This can't be.. I- I can't. This wasn't supposed to happen...

Overwhelmed by the emotions that were attacking me, I broke down crying right then and there.

I could feel the doctor rubbing circles on my back in an attempt to comfort me.. but it felt like nothing could make me feel better. It was just... just too much to handle for me. I felt anger, disappointment, remorse and so many other emotions that I couldn't name.

In an attempt to find hope in the current situation, I looked up at the doctor.

"Is there anything I can do? Please... Anything, I'll do anything..."

"I'm sorry Ethan, there's nothing we can do except for prolonging it. And that itself will be a very painful process.."

Hearing those words caused something to turn off in me. It felt like nothing mattered anymore and I felt like just disappearing right then and there, then again I'll be doing that in about a year so what's the point of wishing it.

I thanked the doctor and drove back home without really feeling anything. Nothing mattered to me anymore.

-Time skip-

I finally arrived back home and walked through the door. Spencer immediately jumped on me and started licking me. He noticed my unusual behavior and tilted his head while whining.

I gave him a small soft smile and hugged him.

"Oh, spencer, what would I do without you?" I said all the while still hugging him.

A wave of sadness hit me as I had the thought of having to leave spencer behind. How would he react? Would someone take care of him? Sure, it was petty, but Spencer really means a lot to me and it just hurts to think about the whole situation.

I felt a warm streak of tear run down my cheek and before I knew it, I broke down crying for the second time today.

I was almost about to fall asleep on the floor with Spencer when I heard a knock on the door.

Mark's P.O.V

Tyler and I had just finished recording today's video and sure it was fun, but it just wasn't complete without Ethan around.

Oh, that's right, Ethan's sick today. I almost forgot about that, maybe I could pay him a visit and help him out!

-Time skip-

I got to Ethan's house which wasn't that far, he only lives a couple houses down since he decided it would be easier for him to come over and stuff.

I was about to knock on the door when I heard sniffling and sobbing coming from inside the house. I heard the person which I was sure is Ethan, mumble to himself a few words. I could only make out a few lines about him worrying about Spencer.

I finally plucked up the courage to knock and did so.

*Knock knock knock*

I heard a few more sniffling and shuffling before he finally answered in a shaky voice.

"Who is it..?"