Chapter 5

Mark's P.O.V

I arrived back home and walked inside, closing the door behind me and locking it.

I walked into the living room and was greeted with an anxious-looking Amy pacing around in the room.

I looked at Amy confused.

"Amy, wha--"

"Mark, we need to talk."

She gestured for me to sit down and proceeded to take a seat beside me.

She took my hands and held them gently. I could see tears forming in the corner of her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away.

"Look Mark I... I-- UGH, why is this so difficult! I'm just gonna say it. Mark, I think we should break up..."

"What, no please, just tell me why! I'll fix it, we can work on this together!"

"Mark, I'm sorry.. I can't--"

"Just-- Just please at least tell me why.."

She sighed and looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"It's just that, it's not that you're not a great guy. Trust me, you are one of the most amazing people I've ever met. Its just.. I've been questioning my sexuality these past few months and I realized that all this time, I had only seen you as a good friend but confused that with having feelings for you. You being one of the only people there for me back in high school might've also been what added to it and.. I guess I was just attached to you. And Mark, I'm just going, to be honest here. I think you have got some questioning to do too. Have you seen how you act around Ethan??"

"I.. I don't know what to say.."

"I'm staying overnight at Mika's, I'll be back in the morning to collect my things. You have some thinking to do too, because I know this might be a lot for you."

She picked up a backpack that she had apparently filled her clothes with and headed towards the door.

"Amy wait."

She turned around and looked me in the eye, guilt obviously strewn across her face.

"Can we at least stay friends? I'll respect your decision, but I just can't afford to lose a friend like you.."

She smiled softly and dropped her bag walking towards me and hugged me. I hugged back, tears threatening to fall.

"Of course Mark, I could never hate or lose you.."

We stayed like that for a while before pulling away.

She headed towards the door, picking up her bags on the way.

She smiled at the ground and spoke,

"I'll see you in the morning, Mark. Good luck with yourself."

I smiled and waved and she left after waving me goodbye.

I headed up to my room and decided to spend the rest of the day in bed. What she had told me hit me like a truck and... I was just having trouble processing the whole thing.

'Was she faking it this whole time? Was it my fault? What was that about Ethan? Do I actually act differently around him?"

After an hour or two of just lying in bed, my eyes felt droopy and I eventually fell asleep...

A/n: Hi there! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope it wasn't too confusing. I could never do Amy like that, so I decided on this route. Bye :D