Chapter 64 - Love Sacrifice

.

Wuxian was enjoying his last day before the healing process began. He decided to stop worrying about what might happen tomorrow and just enjoy this rare sunny day before winter comes. Wen Ning was sitting up next to him, blocking the sun, as Wuxian lays down on the grass, surrounded by bunnies at the back mountain.

Wen Ning has been meaning to approach Wuxian about a sensitive topic for a while now. One would think that being the Ghost General would somehow make him bold and demanding but when it comes to Wuxian, Wen Ning cannot help but revert to his shy nature.

Wuxian stares at Wen Ning: "Why do you have a constipated expression on your face?"

Wen Ning: "Huh? Nothing. I'm just thinking."

Wuxian: "About what?"

Wen Ning shakes his head: "Nothing important. Don't worry about it."

Wuxian sits up and strokes Wen Ning's hair: "If I don't worry about you, who will?"

Wen Ning smiles warmly at him and reluctantly takes out a red case. Wuxian's eyes widens and he says: "I thought you said you didn't have any of Wen Qing's belongings. Where did you get this?"

Wen Ning ducks his head: "Hanguang Jun acquired it on my behalf. He overheard me request it from Jin Clan Healer and decided to retrieve it himself. He gave it to me as a thank you for being loyal to you."

Wuxian's chest was filled with butterflies over how sweet Wangji could be.

Wuxian reaches for it and gently says: "May I?"

Wen Ning nods and hands him the needle case.

Wen Qing, beautiful as ever, appears in her clan red robes. She walked to them and sat next to Wuxian. Wuxian had no words to say. Last time they met, she paralyzed him and sacrificed the remainder of her clan to save him. He ended up dead anyways.

She reached out and touched his hand: "Are you mad at me?"

Wuxian didn't know what to say. He looked at an anxious Wen Ning and chose to ignore her for now. He reaches over and grabs Ning's hand.

She turns to look at her brother with the warmest of smiles: "Aning.."

He smiles back: "Shijie, I missed you."

She moves to touch his cheek then the side of his neck: "You look strong."

Ning ducks his head shyly: "I am undefeated. I have a new title too: The Guardian of the Divine Oracle."

She turns to look at Wuxian who's still avoiding her: "He is worth protecting. Aning, you've matured. I'm so proud."

Wen Ning: "I wanted to ask you something."

She nods for him to continue. Ning: "I want to give your needles to the healer who's taking care of Master Wei. Is that alright?"

She frowns at him and turns to look closely at Wuxian: "You're sick?"

Wen Ning: "The healer said that his energy container is damaged. It's causing him constant pain and his body is slowly failing because of it."

She yells at Wuxian in frustration: "Why haven't you summoned me earlier? I could've helped!"

Wuxian glares at her: "Help? You turned yourself in! They burned you, your belongings and our home! How the hell am I supposed to summon you?"

She backs down a little at his outburst and whispers: "I did it for you. You didn't deserve to suffer for our sins."