Chapter 74 - The Shoes

.

Wuxian turned and numbly made his way towards Little Sanctuary. He crosses the little bridge and sits in the gazebo. He hears Zewu Jun following him silently, sitting next to him and waiting for him to explain what he just said.

Wuxian was confused. There were so many details that made no sense. What bothered him the most is that at this moment he didn't want to share any of it.. with anyone. He promised his father and Zewu Jun not to hide any important information from his new family. But old habits die hard.

Zewu Jun prods him after a few minutes of silence: "What do you mean by 'trouble'?"

Wuxian smiles while looking around Little Sanctuary: "Brother, did you know that Lan Zhan made this place for me with his own hands?"

Zewu Jun frowns at the change of subject but chose to go with it: "I offered to help many times but he refused."

Wuxian: "I can count on one hand the number of people who made anything for me in all my lifetimes. Nothing compares to the love I feel every time my eyes fall on a new detail in this place."

Zewu Jun smiles: "My brother's love for you runs deep. He has no qualms expressing it for the world to see."

Wuxian closes his eyes and sorrow washes over him. He whispers in agony: "I saw this place burn down."

Zewu Jun was alarmed: "Little Sanctuary will burn down?"

Wuxian opened his eyes to look sadly at his brother: "The Treasure Room, with all of you in it, will burn down."

Zewu Jun: "Do you know when?"

Wuxian shakes his head: "No. But it's not anytime soon."

Wuxian steps close to grab Zewu Jun's arm and says: "This vision was not like the one before it. There are so many things that make no sense. People look different.. Things are not what they're supposed to be. There are so many details that I feel I should recognize but the more I think about it the more it leaves me baffled."

Zewu Jun pats the hand grabbing his arm: "You need to calm your thoughts. Let me call Lan Ran so we can document your vision properly before we share it and come up with a plan of action to prevent it."

Wuxian tightens his hold on Zewu Jun: "NO! Not Lan Ran!"

Zewu Jun frowns: "Why?"

Wuxian shakes his head: "I don't.. I just.."

Zewu Jun can feel Wuxian's anxiety building and says: "I'll write it down if you feel uncomfortable with Lan Ran at the moment."

Wuxian nods his appreciation and they both went in to document the vision.

After Wuxian was done relaying what he saw, Zewu Jun took a deep breath and whispered: "You were right to refuse Lan Ran's services. But brother, some of these details make no sense. Are you sure that's what you saw?"

Wuxian nods: "It was clear as day."

Zewu Jun read what he wrote one more time then asked: "He was wearing a Lan Clan headband?"

Wuxian nods: "You didn't know?"

Zewu Jun rubs his chin: "I never bothered to ask."

Wangji made his way into the Treasure Room: "Wei Ying, it's time for your healing session."

Wuxian looks up and takes Wangji's extended hand.

Wangji stares at his brother: "What's wrong?"