four

"fuckery, seungcheol! i'll help you with the register!"

"NO! i will!"

"no! i will!" mingyu butts in, shoving the two boys who scrambled for the other register, the one beside seungcheol. "soonyoung, go serve the completed orders!"

the two boys who got shoved, namely jisoo and jeonghan, awkwardly go back to being baristas—the cafe was cramped today, maybe because it's a friday? the two weren't used to making so much orders in just a short span of time. mingyu's cafe always had 5 to none customers daily. sometimes, the employees and the owner even buy the drinks themselves.

why were they awkward, you ask? they weren't usually like this, they always bicker. so, just to make fun of them, mingyu shouts, "i swear, if you two don't speed up, i'm going to leak the cctv footage where you did the nasty! i thought you two liked seungcheol?!"

"it was an accidental peck on the—"

"nobody cares!" soonyoung smirks at the barista named jeonghan, knowing that he won't be attacked because they were too busy to be doing that. jeonghan only scoffs.

the afternoon goes on, swarmed by lots of people, until they finally get a break at 8:00. there were two customers left, and all orders were done.

the usually bickering employees were quiet, making mingyu feel like this cafe is actually now sticking to its original aesthetic. this cafe was supposed to have a chill vibe, where cafe fanfiction tropes happen, but because of the loud employees, that never happened.

and now, mingyu has time to think about wonwoo.

"hey, i thought i was getting blackmail material!" yugyeom whined, putting his phone down. a smiling mingyu appeared. and instead of a dick on his face, there was a sunflower.

"consider the kids: they would be seeing an illustration of a dick, at this age—5 or 6? that would be bad for them, yugyeom." mingyu crossed his arms, looking at his brother. "oh, maybe that's what happened to you so you're like this?" a smack on the back of mingyu's head followed.

"there aren't even kids anymore! they're all going home!" yugyeom says. wonwoo appears, walking to his motorbike—but yugyeom stops him. "hey! why isn't there a dick on his face!?"

"rude!" mingyu scolded yugyeom for calling wonwoo casually.

wonwoo stops walking, glancing at the sunflower on mingyu's cheek before averting it to yugyeom's face. "i painted a sunflower because it's just like him."

"what, isn't he just like a dick too!?" yugyeom asks. mingyu gasps, offended. wonwoo shortled.

"ah. sorry then. sunflowers are pretty, just like him." wonwoo doesn't smile, like he just stated a serious fact—and it made mingyu blush.

"don't try to daydream at work, mr. ceo." soonyoung nudges mingyu, then points at the mess that's left of the cafe. all the customers were gone. "help us clean!"

the rings suddenly clanked against each other, signalling that someone just entered. mingyu sighed, staring back at soonyoung. "i guess not. i'll be going! go clean these up by yourselves! i believe in you!"

"oh, fuck you!" jisoo says. "we're one team! go the fuck back here!"

"you dare say curse words to your boss?! i can kick you out easily!"

"i'm older than you!"

"tch. you guys are dumbasses."

"who was a dumbass when he accidentally kissed me?!"

"guys—guys, please calm down," seungcheol approached the two baristas, trying to stop the arguement that's about to start. if they continue, they're going to scare the customer off. which, they almost always do. maybe they're the reason why the cafe never gets much customers.

"oh my god, seungcheol's holding my wrist!"

"you bitch, he's looking directly at my eyes!"

"oh yeah, the other day—"

"uh, is the cafe still open?" a deep voice inquired, making mingyu turn around. he was the one in charge after all.

"it's really rowdy and loud in here, so i'm sorry! what would you like to order?" mingyu ties his apron from the back, before meeting the gaze of the newcomer. and then, his hands freeze. "...wonwoo?"

"oh, hey, mingyu. this is the cafe you're talking about? maybe i know the reason why you're not getting many customers," wonwoo jokes, his nose scrunching up, and then his teeth shows.

i'm so whipped. mingyu mumbles to himself, staring at the godly beauty that wonwoo held. meanwhile, here he is, gaping his mouth open. "r-really? well, what would you like to order?"

wonwoo awkwardly scratches his nape, chuckling nervously. "actually, i know that this is your cafe and i came here for you."

mingyu's face goes red.

"oh. i wish that happens to me too," jeonghan scoots to seungcheol. "right seungcheol?"

"shut the fuck up! they're having a kdrama moment!"