seven

"wow. our dear ceo looks so fresh today." soonyoung points at mingyu, who sat alone at a table. he already set up the cafe for the day, surprising soonyoung and the employees behind him. "he even did our job for us!"

"hey, how about whipping us some hot coffee too—"

"okay, i'll be outside." mingyu says, walking out the door before jeonghan could scam him with his sweet talking. he sits on one of the chairs, staring at the horizon.

the sun was just rising, and the day was starting off just right. mingyu hopes that what he wore was just right though; he didn't know where wonwoo was taking him. a white polo top and jeans should be perfect for anything, right? mingyu instinctively fixed his polo. he should be tidy. he seemed pretty tidy, but then a car zooms past, making mingyu's hair disheveled. mingyu panics, fixing his hair in a rush.

a black car pulls up in front of the cafe, and the windows roll down. "hey!" it was wonwoo, nose scrunched, white set of teeth showing, eyes directed to mingyu's own pair. mingyu swore he felt electricity run down his goddamn spine.

"hey!" mingyu stood up, still conscious about his hair. "you sure you're doing well?"

"i'm grand, yeah?" wonwoo reaches for the shotgun car door, opening it for mingyu. mingyu chuckled, hopping in immediately. "we're going somewhere good today." wonwoo turns the radio volume higher, since the song they were playing was good. it suited the chill mood inside the car.

"i don't know if i can trust you, though. what's good for you, and what's not?" mingyu asked, putting his seatbelt on while wonwoo drived away. "you might be into some weird stuff."

"the last time i checked, you were the one who hired a couple of horny adults with daddy kinks." wonwoo jokes. mingyu noticed how comfortable wonwoo got—so he laughs in disbelief. both at wonwoo's attack, and at his comfort with mingyu.

"they don't put that in the resume, you know. 'yoon jeonghan. professional twink. likes fuzzy cuffs.' who would hire them?"

"you, apparently."

"you've been attacking me!" mingyu playfully gasped, making wonwoo chortle. a comfortable silence befalls, leaving a soft smile on the artist's face. mingyu was just watching the other boy drive, still curious to where they'd be going.

the light music and the sound of the engine filled the car until they reached their destination. mingyu stepped out excitedly, seeing a little cottage in front of the car. he looked back, in anticipation of wonwoo—but he was busy unloading his materials.

"let me help you." mingyu carries the huge canvas, and the palette. wonwoo thanks the taller, before knocking on the cottage door.

"yo." the door was opened by another tall man, preferably a foreigner. he eyes mingyu and wonwoo up and down, before nodding. "you're going to the fields today, right? for your crusty ass painting."

wonwoo playfully scoffed. he ignores the comment. "this is mingyu, this is junhui. junhui inherited this house from his grandparents and it has a beautiful backyard."

"nice to meet you!"

"sucks. should've inherited the money or something else," junhui steps aside to let the two in. mingyu puts down his hand that was rejected. "but i'm glad it could help you. it couldn't help me."

"what's special about it?" mingyu asked, itching to see what's outside. wonwoo sighed, nudging junhui. junhui scowls, as wonwoo nudged him a little too hard. junhui walks to another door, waiting for the two to catch up.

"uh, see for yourself." junhui doesn't bother opening the door for them, so mingyu opens the door. wonwoo goes out first, and then mingyu.

one word. wow.

it wasn't a typical sunny morning. sunflowers bloomed everywhere, neatly in groups. the sunflowers swiftly swayed with the wind, facing the bright sun. the huge lot was just filled with sunflowers, nothing more, nothing less. it was perfect.

mingyu was kinda more concerned about his outfit matching with where they're going than actually worrying about where they're going, but everything fell into the right place.

"wow. sunflowers. really good way of hitting on someone who loves sunflowers, innit?" mingyu jokes, then the both of them laugh.

"did you notice that i was kind of hitting on you?" wonwoo asks. though what mingyu just said was probably a joke, wonwoo took a chance. what other day is more perfect than this? where else would wonwoo confess that he has the thing for mingyu?

he might've been less expressive previously, but now he's showing everything that he kept to himself. mingyu liked how bold he was. "now that you tell me? yes. the pieces of the puzzle are complete."

"do you like me doing it though?" wonwoo scratches his nape, coyly smiling at the taller boy. "you could be unconfotable with me, and i could back down any second and—"

"relax," mingyu chuckles, unable to hide his blushing cheeks. "it's just that, nothing more, nothing less. it's not something i'd die because of. it's totally okay."

"okay. now, do you want to tiptoe through the sunflowers with me?" wonwoo drops his art materials gently on the grass, then his hands rest on his hips. "we're getting far on our real intuition here, but i figured that maybe you'd like to."

mingyu laughed. "okay, that was supposed to be 'tiptoe through the tulips', but okay." mingyu grabs wonwoo's hand, and they run around the sunflower-filled acres of land.