eleven

"oh, you ask for wonwoo?" taehyung readjusts his tie, raising an eyebrow at his brother. "why do you think we did this exhibit?"

"uh, because he's dead?" soonyoung dumbly answered, earning laughs from his friends. "what?! it may be true!"

"he may be looking for you." seungcheol says, staring at mingyu.

"he's here for the exhibit." taehyung says. "oh, in korea, i mean. don't get your hopes up, he just left the art gallery."

"if it weren't for your asses, mingyu would've caught him." jihoon clicked his tongue, shaking his head at his other friends. soonyoung flicked his forehead.

"you're the one who didn't want to get up." soonyoung scolds, earning laughs from the others. mingyu smiled, looking at the happy faces of his friends. "so, what now? are you going to find where your prince charming is?"

"yeah, and we're going to be the friends who help him in the background?" minghao asked, crossing his arms. "i'm out."

"yeah! we have our own stories where we're the protagonists!" jeonghan quipped. jisoo looked at the male, laughing. "but we can help you if you want."

"i don't know if i have the energy to find him." mingyu smiled sadly. "it'd been a long day, why don't we go eat out and go home?"

mingyu wasn't always like this.

a year ago, he was always happy. even after wonwoo left. but of course, that all changed after a month; mingyu finally realizes who left, and what it took away from him. wonwoo was someone who he was just supposed to cross paths with, and then they leave each other—mingyu had realized that, but why can't he find himself to move on? they had nothing between them anyway. maybe they had something special, but it was never labeled or named, never important.

what was so important about wonwoo?

"i advise you not to, as your brother," taehyung crossed his arms, sighing. "i had to meet with him a few times, since i'm a curator, of course—and you'll not like how he'd become. before, when i talked to him, he always smiled and replied. but now, when i ask for his opinion and try to talk to him, he replies with one word, and his face is stoic."

"his bank account balance changed him," jisoo shrugs. "you still wanna find him?"

"i just want to go home." mingyu sighed.

mingyu was in the coffee shop the next day, just  staring at the wall. he kind of hoped to catch wonwoo there, maybe taehyung was wrong about what he's saying about wonwoo. mingyu hadn't learned everything about wonwoo—heck, he could really be a jerk, but mingyu still hoped to see him.

mingyu was right. wonwoo stopped by the cafe after 4 days.

he was with one huge bodyguard, and he didn't wear this clueless expression that he had when he enters a new place. kind of awkward-looking, but his face screams arrogant.

seungcheol was surprised to be met by wonwoo. mingyu listens to their conversation. "can i talk to the owner of this cafe?"

"r-right there," seungcheol points to the table where mingyu sat. mingyu looks away before he meets wonwoo's gaze, and he seemed pretty obvious. seungcheol caught a glimpse of wonwoo's little smile before he turned completely to mingyu.

"kim mingyu?" mingyu looks up at wonwoo's voice, clearing his throat, trying to look professional. "it's jeon wonwoo. i came here to return something. goodbye." wonwoo places a neatly folded brown knit cardigan on the table.

mingyu stared at the cardigan, interested. is this it? the encounter that mingyu had been planning in his head for months? it's not going as good as mingyu thought it would.

wonwoo had already left. mingyu looked ul too late, but what can he do? pull his hand like those kdramas?

mingyu unfolds the cardigan, looking at it wholly. he smiles, noticing a new detail. well, it could be for something else, but mingyu's just glad that he would be getting a second take on their first encounter. he reads the sticky note on the cardigan again, satisfied.

mingyu

i'll be going back at the cafe late at night, let's talk, maybe?

i'll be waiting, wonwoo

"what time is 'late at night'?" mingyu asked himself, eyebrows knitting together. he smiles nonetheless.