epilogue

"took you long enough."

"took you long enough." mingyu growled, walking to wonwoo's table. he sat down on the chair across wonwoo, huffing. "why were you unavailable for a year?! and then my brother says not to find you, because you became a jerk—what the actual hell, wonwoo? you do look like a jerk! you seem different from the person who wrote the explanation to the 'sunflower' painting. why do you want to meet me now?! for another goddamn painting again, huh?!"

wonwoo chuckles, raising two hands in attempt to calm the taller man down. he was wearing the brown cardigan. wonwoo chuckled again, but then he realizes that mingyu needed an explanation, so he calms down and speaks.

"first off, i'm not a jerk! that was a plan between me and taehyung, so you won't try to look for me when you find out that i'm in korea. i was kind of preparing," wonwoo coyly smiled. "i'm sorry for not contacting you for a year, though. i was really, really busy."

"now that i think of it, taehyung seemed pretty obvious." mingyu eyes wonwoo. he was in an all black tracksuit, a baby pink bucket hat topping it all. it kinda didn't match. but mingyu won't tell wonwoo that. "and you have lost weight too. what's up with those eyebags?"

"i told you," wonwoo shrugged. "i was really busy. but..."

"but...?"

"i still like you, though." wonwoo turned back to the real him; awkward, coy, and too adorable for his own good. that was his biggest charm, for mingyu.

mingyu blushed, avoiding wonwoo's gaze. well, wonwoo was looking away too—where did all that confidence come from?!

"i...i don't know what to say." mingyu said. "and what was up with that sunflower painting explanation?! that was... cute!" mingyu pouts, crossing his arms on top of his chest.

"i said i like you, that's why it was like that!"

the two stayed quiet for a while, both flustered. what, wonwoo has poured all his feelings out, why was mingyu still quiet?!

mingyu thought he was going to be a coward forever, until wonwoo cleared his throat. he knew he had to tell wonwoo about it before their conversation ends. "i wanted to get away from you for a while because i... was mustering up all my courage for this moment. and," wonwoo fishes out something out of his bag.

mingyu thought he was going to be a married man when wonwoo reveals what he fished out of his bag, but he was wrong. oh well, at least he kept it to himself. "i bought these. i knew you stole all the bubblegum tape in my car,"

mingyu gasped at the things on the table. there were two packs of six bubblegum tape in different flavours, and then there was a sunflower, and a pack of sunflower seeds.

"aigoo, wonwoo! how did you even keep the sunflower alive?!" mingyu gushed at the presents. he smirked when a pickup line suddenly came to mind. "something's missing."

wonwoo tilted his head. did he want more bubblegum tape? "what?" mingyu wanted to laugh when he saw cluelessness in wonwoo's face.

"i want you as a present, too."

silence.

wonwoo laughs, slapping his thigh. mingyu blushed, looking away. did he just fail?! this is pure humiliation! "hey, don't laugh!"

"sorry." wonwoo lifts his head and smiles at the taller man. "it was cute though."

"so we're together now?"

"i don't know. but i do know that we have to kiss."

so they kissed.