12 - We're All Idiots

warning: slight sexual content

"I love you."

Blame it on Mark to always say sentimental stuff during times like these.

"Of course you do, we're best friends, we're supposed to love each other," Haechan said, rolling his eyes.

"You know that that's not what I'm talking about," Mark argued.

Now what could Mark possibly be talking about-

Wait.

..... What?

No, there was no way that Mark.... Loved him in that way, right?

After... after years of being in love with his best friend, it can't possibly be mutual, right?

Right?

Haechan stared at Mark, trying to find any evidence that pointed to him lying. But as Haechan hated to admit it, he knew Mark pretty well, and the latter was looking genuine-

Bu-but does Mark not remember rejecting him? Why would he tell him this no-

No. Mark was his best friend. He wouldn't play these games with him.

Would he?

"Mark, stop joking around like that," Haechan said, balling his fists. How dare Mark make fun of him in times like this? "It's not funny."

"I'm telling you the truth, Donghyuck!" Mark took a step forward, maintaining eye contact. Haechan's heartbeat was increasingly at a rapid rate. Mark talking about love plus getting closer to him was a dangerous combination.

"No it's not and you know it," Haechan argued with him. "I don't appreciate you playing games like this with me, Mark, considering how you made it obvious that you didn't return my feelings back."

Mark frowned, confused. "What are you talking about?"

"My confession letter, Mark," Haechan cried, clenching his fists harder as his eyes started getting watery. "Do you not remember that?"

Mark's eyes widened. "That's not true, the only time I've ever gotten a confession letter was the one last year where- oh."

The confession letter.

The one they fought over for.

"Y-you wrote that?!" Mark asked, bewildered.

"I signed my name at the bottom, dumb ass!" Haechan yelled. "Stop trying to act like you didn't know-"

"But it's true!" Mark shouted back. "I lied to you back then when I said I read it!"

Haechan's eyes widened. "You didn't read it?" he whispered, drying his face by lifting up his shirt.

Mark bit his lip, clenching his fists. "Donghyuck," he said slowly, making eye contact with Haechan. "If I would have known you wrote it... I swear I would have read it."

Haechan was crying, tears falling down his face. "It's-it's just you said you read it, and then, and then you said all those stuff and I thought-"

He started bawling, sobs filling his room as he covered his face with his hands, not bearing to look at Mark.

Mark's arms started trembling. He couldn't believe it. His best friend, his best friend of all time, the Lee Donghyuck, aka Haechan, best person in existence... wrote him a confession letter? One that Mark didn't read?