15 - Boredom (like the author rn)

Soonyoung and Jihoon were both sitting down against the lockers, Soonyoung's wound patched up, Jihoon's head on his shoulder.

"We're going to die, aren't we?" Jihoon muttered.

Soonyoung wrapped his arm around Jihoon's shoulder, thankful that he didn't budge. "You know, we probably are, but hey, dying during an alien attack is much cooler than, say, falling down the stairs."

"The orphanage lady told you not to run on the wet floor while wearing socks and you did not listen," Jihoon reminded him.

"That's true, but she also cursed at Asians under her breath, so as a child I did not give a fuck," Soonyoung defended himself.

They stayed silent after a while, Jihoon wrapping his arms around Soonyoung's waist, hugging him as the latter softly patted his shoulder. "It doesn't matter if we get through this or not," Soonyoung said. "But it's good if we die trying."

"I'd rather die while taking a nap-"

"Jihoon, no-"

"Why not?? I don't want to die while doing exercise," Jihoon defended himself.

"Remember the week after we return to DC is our first kickboxing class," Soonyoung reminded him. "You said you would like that-"

"Because I can pretend it's conservative republicans," Jihoon finished, remembering their conversation that one time they went to Walmart. "Giving guns to teachers is stupid and I stand by that."

"Yes, fuck the patriarchy."

***

"Fuck my life," Jaehyun muttered to himself as they sat around in the office, bored out of their skull. Was it too much to ask god for them to have working electronics and the internet during an alien invasion? No??

"What was that?" Taeyong, who was right next to him, asked.

"Oh nothing." Jaehyun leaned back against the wall. Jeno was on his other side, head on Jaehyun's lap as he slept. Jaemin and Chen Le were also asleep as well, leaving Renjun and Jisung to talk to each other quietly. "I just said fuck my life."

Taeyong didn't say anything, staring at the 127 members in front of him who, unlike the Dream members, were being loud and chaotic. "This situation is unfortunate," Taeyong agreed quietly. "But at least most of us are together. I'm just worried for..."

"Mark, Haechan, Kun and Xiaojun?" Jaehyun finished for him.

"Yeah, and the Americans, too, I just hope they're okay," Taeyong said. "The fact that many of us struggle with just one alien while they are alone makes me worried."

Jaehyun nodded, continuing to play with the sleeping-Jeno's hair. "Yeah, not going to lie, but I don't trust Mark taking care of Donghyuck. He's going to be like Yuta over there with Si Cheng, trying to impress Donghyuck."

"I still think those two are dating, but I'm not sure," Taeyong said. "Are you sure they aren't?"

"Mark's a pansy, he would never confess to Donghyuck unless someone else has an obvious crush on him," Jaehyun explained. "But you never know."

They continued sitting there in silence, their legs pressed against each other, hands brushing as they watched the people in front of them starting to argue again.

"Your idea was stupid to begin with," Doyoung yelled at Lucas and Johnny. "Now look at where we are-"

"Excuse me, my idea wouldn't have been stupid if you haven't interrupted us every five seconds to tell us how stupid it was!!" Johnny yelled back at him.