16 - 2's Company, 3's a Party, 23 is...

Xiaojun and Kun looked down the hallway, making sure no one was present before they left the art classroom. The last thing they needed was to get murdered in the first ten seconds.

"So we head to the office and hope the others are there," Kun said, restating the plan. "But the cars don't work, how are we heading home?"

"Walking is an option, but considering how those things are outside, it'll be pretty hard," Xiaojun admitted. "I'm going to buy a horse when I get home."

"Horses are lovely creatures, but they can get injured so easily," Kun said.

Kun stuck out his hand, palm facing up. Xiaojun stared at it for a few seconds, eyes darting from Kun's face to his hand, before ultimately grabbing onto it.

"Uh..." Kun's face turned red. "Um, Xiaojun... I wanted one of the blades that you took apart."

"Oh, right, I did promise to give those to you," Xiaojun said, pulling his hand back, embarrassed through the whole ordeal. His brain would alternate between thinking about what Kun said earlier and how the hell they were going to survive from these aliens.

Xiaojun took out some of the blades and handed it to Kun, not looking at him. "It's not my fault!" he said, trying to defend himself. "Earlier you practically- uh, never mind."

He handed the torn blades to Kun, speed walking. "Let's just try to get to the office quickly."

"Wait for me!" Kun sprinted quickly to catch up with Xiaojun. "You can grab my hand if you want to."

Xiaojun could feel heat creep up his neck. "Um-" he held out his hand, hesitated as he held Kun's hand, the latter entwining their fingers together. "I didn't expect to hold someone's hand in on hand and a weapon in the other, especially not after talking about my ex an hour ago."

Kun hummed. "Well, there's also aliens, you got to take everything into account."

"True, true."

***

"So you're saying that there are aliens at this school," Mark said, summarize Doyoung's quick thirty second speech as they sprinted to the office (from what he was told, they were all going to go home quickly as a group.) "And- hold on, why do they want to kill us?"

"Humanity is stupid, I wouldn't put it past them," Johnny muttered, yelping when Doyoung smacked his head.

"You're the stupid one, Johnny." To Mark, Doyoung said, "we don't really know, but they emit some type of green liquid and don't talk, just screech at us."

Haechan grabbed Mark's hand and put it around his own waist. "They tried to kill me," he said, pouting.

"Yeah, they were clearly killing you when we walked in-"

Mark glared at Johnny. "Shut the fuck up, you have no idea what we went through."

"Don't worry, Johnny and Lucas were almost murdered as well," Doyoung said.

Lucas' eyes widened in surprise. "That was not my fault-"

"We're still going to die, aren't we Mark?" Donghyuck whispered to Mark in secret, the other three arguing about some event and whose fault it was.

Mark nodded. "Yeah, we probably are."

They passed the hallway with all the dead alien bodies (with Mark and Haechan being freaked out for a few seconds, wondering how the hell did that happen) when they realized that the two Koreans from America, the NASA workers, were sitting against the lockers, talking to each other softly.